Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
EBentley
Registered Users

My Mood:
2yo and newborn, I'll need a double stroller, right?

I'm still going back and forth on the double stroller. #2 is due November. I've had some people tell me I won't need a double, b/c our son will want to walk and if not, I can always wear the newborn. Which is true, but you still see plenty of 3 and 4 year olds in a stroller. The mall is one thing, what about the 3-5 mile daily walks? Our son can't walk that far.

I'm down to the Bob Revolution Dualie or the Bumbleride Indie Twin. Is the Indie as easy to push as a Revolution? I currently have a Revolution Single. I love my Bob, but the Indie is so pretty I like the look of the new Tike Tech redesign, but who knows how a new design will hold up.

Advertisement

EBentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #2
jewelzbird
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2yo and newborn, I'll need a double stroller, right?

I am a big baby wearer, but I would still get the stroller too! Both those strollers are GREAT!! I have heard more raves on the Bob, but that is just me.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I didn't do 3-5 mile walks with mine, but they are 14.5 months apart and I ended up putting the toddler in the stroller and wearing the baby. (I don't think the baby would have been happy in the stroller anyway.) Now I sometimes switch off since the littlest one wants to be down and my 2yo wants to be held when she gets sensitive. If it's something that fits in your budget easily, then go for it. If not, you may find it isn't worth the investment.

ETA: Please, don't interpret my post as poo-pooing your idea. I was just sharing that we never had a need for one and why.

Last edited by mcpforever; 07-07-2009 at 12:12 PM.
mcpforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #4
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We never did major walks with our girls when they were little so we never had a need for a double stroller (except at disney world but that is a different story). I always wore dd#2 when at the mall or stores. If dd#1 wanted to ride in the stroller (which was rare) it was all hers.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:45 PM   #5
shrijnana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm a big baby wearer - and toddler wearer - and just bought a double stroller for my 2.5 YO and 10 month old. I figure I can alternate between which one I wear and which one I push, or push both when we are walking a long way and/or it is sweltering hot. Also the amount of stuff needed to take along more than doubles with two (it seems), so the extra seat can carry stuff if I'm carrying a child.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #6
kiwi87
Registered Users

I would get one. I was a baby wearer and plan to be for any future kids, but if I had a newborn and a 2 year old I'd definitely want that double stroller in case I needed it... and I'm sure that I would need to use it, in certain situations.
kiwi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #7
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ha! If I could only get my 18 month old to not want to be worn!
I guess it's personal choice. How will it fit into your life style? I usually wear my son at some point on a walk but I'd still take a stroller for beverages, diaper bag, and the occasional times he wants to sit(more like push it!)
I also have a BOB and highly recommend! But I don't have a double.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:38 PM   #8
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

I definitely love babywearing, especially for young babies...but I've always needed a stroller for that age difference. I have 3 kids 2 years apart and we have gotten a ton of use out of a double stroller. I skipped it at first when my second was born figuring I could just use a single and babywear but I found that for long outings a stroller really was much easier.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #9
etsdtm99
Registered Users
seller

my 2 are almost 26 months apart - I got a double stroller and now 14 months later have used it maybe 10 times total .. totally unncessary!!

I am a big babywearer though, i wore DS in a wrap a lot, and now i wear him in a Beco Butterfly and when we were out with DH i would take 2 strollers (light weight cheap ones, that had a snack try and reclined)

I would trade off a lot, let my oldest walk for a while and the baby ride, then switch ..

when DS turned 1 i got a wagon (the kind with 2 seats and seatbelts and a sun shade) now THAT is awesome and totally worth it! it is actually easier to pull than our double stroller is to push and it fits in the car just as 'easily' (double strollers just don't fold up that small! - we measured a lot of them and didn't buy them because they wouldn't fit in my mom's small SUV without taking them apart!!) I have a friend who just got a wagon and would put her 2.5 yr old in one seat and lay the other seat down and put the baby's carseat on it, or just lay the baby on some blankets - it seemed crazy when she told me about it but it totally worked.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #10
sonie716
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a 5 month old and a 2 yr old. I bought a double stroller and love it. We walk to get our mail. I also have a 6yrold. I have my hands full. I do not really baby wear. Just not my thing. So for me the stroller works great.