Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-07-2009, 03:49 PM   #11
redneckmama
Registered Users
Formerly: lilybugsmomma
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2yo and newborn, I'll need a double stroller, right?

Our girls are 23 months apart and I have used a double stroller once! We were just given one that some friends of ours are done using. We decided before dd2 was born that we just couldn't justify the cost of one. 9 times out of 10 I have dd2 in the Beco and dd1 is either in the cart, a stroller, or walking depending on what we are doing. Just my experience...

Advertisement

Old 07-07-2009, 03:59 PM   #12
avidreader
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We currently have a 2 yr old and a newborn and are totally in the market for a really good double stroller. I wear our nb a LOT but for our long evening walks- I just need a break from having her on me all day. I would love to have the option of having a double stroller to use when I need it. So if your budget allows- go for it!!! I have only heard reviews on the Bob- but I'm sure both would be great!
Old 07-07-2009, 05:10 PM   #13
MamaNotes
Registered Users

My Mood:

If you like long walks, definitely double stroller. I have a girl friend who has a 1 year old and a 2 1/2 year old. Her 2 1/2 year old will NOT sit in the stroller and she obviously can't walk that far, so they never go on walks or anything.

IMO I would just make the kid learn to like the stroller.. but that's another issue. Definitely get the double BOB If you can.
MamaNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #14
tonewinwy
Registered Users

My Mood:

My Nephews are now 3 1/2 and 2 yrs old. Double Stroller was a total must for me for when I took them out when the younger one was a baby and the older one wasn't exactly ready to always walk or for when he was being Naughty and taking off or not wanting to walk. If I didn't have back issues and had better balance (I'm sometimes clumsy) then I might of worn my younger Nephew and made due with a single stroller. But for me personally a double stroller was a better choice for me.

My sister (Nephews Mom) also had a Double Stroller. Now she has a Sit and Stand. Sometimes it's just easier to have them both in the stroller esp if one or both is being naughty or is tired.
It's OK, next time I'll make you listen. I wish that it were in the power of all children to say that to their parents and to know that indeed they would be heard as we were in those wonderful days on Waltons Mountain.Narrator The Waltons (From the Runaway in Season 3 Eposide 4.)
tonewinwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #15
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I do both depending on the situation. Sometimes I wear DFS and stroll DD in the P3. But sometimes, for quick in and out, or when it is really hot, or when DFS is asleep in the carseat, it is so nice to click and go. It also works well as timeout when DD isn't cooperating.

I have the 60/40 Aria Twin and love it. It is really light, and while you can't jog with it, it is perfectly adequate around the neighborhood. As opposed to the DuoGlider I got at a yardsale and HATE...it is way way way too big and heavy to get up in the van
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #16
fynnsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was thinking about the exact same stollers
I thought the bumbleride was so cute I really wanted to get it... but the bob was so much more practical I ended up with the bob and I am so glad I did The bob rocks the best double stroller ever...we walk alot and I couldn't do it without the bob...oh and when I need a break I just put the kids in the bob and take them on a walk and I have an instant break
It is big but it is a double stroller super smooth and super easy to push
Old 07-07-2009, 09:35 PM   #17
Bee Green Naturals
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

LOVE my BOB dualle for jogging and for the mall, zoo, Disneyland, farmers market, etc. In the beginning it wasn't used much since I liked to wear DD as much as possible but as she got older her and my DS loved riding in the dualle for jogs.

I always like to have a double on hand for 'just in case'. We do ALOT of outdoor activities that can be lengthy so it's nice to have a place to put baby for a little while.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:13 AM   #18
CDNMommyofmany
Registered Users
Formerly: CDN Mama of 4_08
seller
seller

I think it all depends too on where you live, I'm in Canada and with my baby due in Jan we are definately getting a double cause I can't "baby-wear" under a huge parka! We will get one that we can just hook the car seat onto (I hate taking the baby out of the car seat when they are so tiny and it's so cold outside)...then once the weather gets nicer, I can wear the baby and use our single stroller for my 15 month old, or the double depending on how far we are going...
Proud Stay-at-home-mama to 6 (including 4 preemies 29-35 weeks); who enjoys reading, homeschooling/unschooling and trying to make everyday as stress-free as possible for my 2 precious sons with Autism
CDNMommyofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #19
EBentley
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've definitely decided to get one. The one thing I forogt about is that DH doesn't like to babywear much. He takes the evening walk several days of the week b/c that's when I work. So he'll definitely need a double. I wish I could find a Bumbleride to try out. No stores around here carry them. Even the ones listed on their website only order them, not stock. Same with Tike Tech. At least I know the Bob Revolution Duallie will be a good option, b/c I do so love my single, but it'd be nice to compare.

I even tried other women in my moms group and they all have mall strollers. That's the prime time for letting DS walk and wearing baby! If I get the Revolution Duallie, maybe I'll get the orange so it's not the exact same stroller (I have a blue single.)
EBentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #20
lilmamibella
Registered Users
seller

Have you looked into a mountain buggy? I found a good deal on ebay for the mbud. I paid $429 for a new one..the regular price is something like $699 I think. I have the bob revolution single and while its nice its also more bulky imo.