Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2009, 01:03 AM   #11
phridae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How in the world do you lose the baby weight?

Don't know what I did either. I eat like a cow and I'm 20lbs down from my prepreg weight, 40lbs from the day DS was born. 2 weeks PP I was down to my prepreg weight.
I'm sure you all hate me now.

Advertisement

Old 07-08-2009, 07:03 PM   #12
iris777888
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It depends on the person, unfortunately. It really stated to drop for me around the 6 month mark. Maybe it will be true for you too?
Old 07-08-2009, 08:22 PM   #13
mams mom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I gained weight after my daughter was 1 1/2 months old, I was so disappointed in myself cause I couldnt control my eating habits. Now that my daughter is 8 months old I noticed the other day that the upper part of my stomach is starting to flatten some, granit I'm still hating what 4 pregos have done to this body of mine but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
mams mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:54 PM   #14
LucyK12
Registered Users

My Mood:

Running and pilates. I don't think BFing helped but it didn't hurt either. I got back to prepreg weight while BFing DS#1 and then lost another 5 lbs when he weaned. I was back to pre-preg weight when DS#2 was about 4-5 months (and then got pregnant again before he weaned). Hopefully it's not too tough the third time around.
LucyK12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:57 PM   #15
MamaMary920
Registered Users
seller

Well as you can see it's different for everyone.

I FF my first and BF my second. For me, in the first month, I lost 10 lbs more with my BF baby. But it took me the same amount of time to get back to pre pregnancy rate for both kids, and for me that was 4-5 months, and I didn't do any dieting or exercise beyond some casual walking since that's all I had the time and energy for. I am one of those people who has been the same size pretty much since puberty lol and now I'm actually a pound or two lighter than I was before having kids. I won't be surprised if those creep back on once I wean DS!
MamaMary920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:03 AM   #16
MamaNotes
Registered Users

My Mood:

I still don't understand how so many mamas lose so much weight while. brestfeeding. Everyone is different as is every body- you will lose the weight, it just takes time!!
MamaNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #17
emilyinmichigan
Registered Users
seller

I'm within a few pounds of my pre-preg weight (but I hadn't lost everything from DS when I became pregnant with DD!). I really like this book:

Eat Well, Lose Weight, While Breastfeeding: The Complete Nutrition Book for Nursing Mothers by Eileen Behan

She's has awesome information and really made me make better food choices. If I could only stick to her suggestions better, I *know* that I'd lose the weight!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:03 AM   #18
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i've lost about 35 lbs so far at 4 months PP, but i gained 50 my mom told me she lost 1lb every week when she BF my little bro, and that hasn't happened with me at all! i've been on a plateau for about a month now, with no clue how to fit in exercise. it's good to hear that things really started going down for some mama's by 6 months PP. Course, that means i'll look good again once swim suit season is over! oy
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:48 AM   #19
EmmaLaurel
Registered Users
seller

Everybody is so different! I totally expected to be someone who really hung on to my pregnancy weight because I don't tend to lose easily, but... I gained 47 lbs while pregnant and have lost 40 at the 4 month mark. Totally surprised me. It's a combination of a few things, I think - I do believe BFing has been part of it for me. On days when she nurses like crazy, I am hungry like crazy and feel exhausted at the end of the day. I can tell my body's working hard. And she loves being outside so we take a lot of walks with her in the carrier.

The two biggest things though:

1) I eat a LOT of protein. A lot. Helps me stay full. Almonds on my morning granola, Luna bar mid-morning, something with protein for lunch, some type of meat or fish for dinner.
2) I had to go on a low-sugar, low-carb diet to help get rid of thrush, and we have stayed in the habit of eating fewer (or less processed) carbs (and I stopped drinking sweet tea, lol). I actually love our dinners - we just have some type of protein and some veggies. On Sundays I cut/marinate everything so it's ready to go. So we'll do Mon. fish, Tues. chicken, Wed. steak, Thurs. fish, etc. I'll saute a big pile of 5 or 6 kinds of veggies with a little soy sauce or some garlic or something.

I think those things have made a big difference. I drank sweet tea every day when I was pregnant (CRAVED it) and I'm sure that was at least 10 of my pregnancy pounds!! I hope to keep losing beyond my pre-preg weight. Crossing my fingers! GL mamas - our bodies sure do go through a lot!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #20
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaLaurel View Post
Everybody is so different! I totally expected to be someone who really hung on to my pregnancy weight because I don't tend to lose easily, but... I gained 47 lbs while pregnant and have lost 40 at the 4 month mark. Totally surprised me. It's a combination of a few things, I think - I do believe BFing has been part of it for me. On days when she nurses like crazy, I am hungry like crazy and feel exhausted at the end of the day. I can tell my body's working hard. And she loves being outside so we take a lot of walks with her in the carrier.

The two biggest things though:

1) I eat a LOT of protein. A lot. Helps me stay full. Almonds on my morning granola, Luna bar mid-morning, something with protein for lunch, some type of meat or fish for dinner.
2) I had to go on a low-sugar, low-carb diet to help get rid of thrush, and we have stayed in the habit of eating fewer (or less processed) carbs (and I stopped drinking sweet tea, lol). I actually love our dinners - we just have some type of protein and some veggies. On Sundays I cut/marinate everything so it's ready to go. So we'll do Mon. fish, Tues. chicken, Wed. steak, Thurs. fish, etc. I'll saute a big pile of 5 or 6 kinds of veggies with a little soy sauce or some garlic or something.

I think those things have made a big difference. I drank sweet tea every day when I was pregnant (CRAVED it) and I'm sure that was at least 10 of my pregnancy pounds!! I hope to keep losing beyond my pre-preg weight. Crossing my fingers! GL mamas - our bodies sure do go through a lot!
that's impressive! i'm trying to eat healthier, and i really like the idea of prepping dinner for the week on sundays. that would end the daily "what do you want to eat tonight" "i dunno, what do you want to eat" convos between me and DH
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote