Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-07-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
BabyCentric
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I don't wanna share!

Do I really have to share all of my food with my toddler? I always feed him first, and sometimes he even gets more than me, but he still always wants some of mine too! The other day I was eating one measly packet of instant oats and he came begging for mine even after he'd already had 2 plus an orange! I feel bad not wanting to share with my child, but geeze! I gotta live too!

Advertisement

Old 07-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #2
Mama2acrew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I don't wanna share!

Perhaps this is the post that someone needs to say "HE IS HUNGRY, LET HIM EAT". Just put a little extra on your plate, it won't keep you from living, I promise
Old 07-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
SewGreenBaby
Registered Users
Formerly: Naturally Pampered
seller
seller

My Mood:

Regina, I have a similar post here: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=782701
Try to ignore the drama posters.
SewGreenBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:30 PM   #4
rvela
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 1 year old is like this. She slaps me in the face (not hard, just a, "Hey! Feed me!" type deal) if I don't give her any. I try to eat when she's napping or we all eat together, so she's concentrated on her own food. Make sure you eat Mama, you're very important.
rvela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:27 PM   #5
BabyCentric
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the posts mamas and thanks for directing me to your thread! DS is not hungry, he probably eats more than anyone else in the house, dh included. What's worse is he will finish his food, and if he asks for some of mine I'll put more on his plate and he just wastes it! For everyone one who feels I just need to feed my kid, rest assured he is well fed and not hungry. I know you mean well and sometimes that is the case, but not for my ds.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

i don't think there's anything wrong with teaching children that their plate is for them and your plate is for you....if he wants more, he can ask for more on HIS plate.....i wouldn't deny food if he asks (though i may put limits on what kind of food....if we're having a soydog and he want more, i'll give him more carrots but no more soydogs, kwim? if he doesn't like it, he cries, but his food is one battle i'm willing to fight )......but i would absolutely keep it on his own plate so he knows not to come begging for your food, kwim?
harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:58 PM   #7
Emmett's Mommy
Registered Users
seller

Maybe you should just NOT feed him first...that way he is eating his food and hopefully not worrying about yours. Unless he finishes first, lol.
I admmit, sometimes I "hide" my snack or whatever it is and eat it while he's not looking! He will drop his drink or snack for mine, but he doesn't need it, and they need to learn they just can't have EVERY single thing they want.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #8
SewGreenBaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett's Mommy View Post
Maybe you should just NOT feed him first...that way he is eating his food and hopefully not worrying about yours. Unless he finishes first, lol.
That's my problem! Ds inhales his food and I can't finish mine quick enough!
Old 07-07-2009, 11:37 PM   #9
tmrobinson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Tara does not share food (anyone watch freinds)! I will honestly admit that I am not good at sharing and it even says so on my first report cards that my mom still has. One of my dd's first words was "bite" and it has gone down hill from there. If there is something I really dont want to share (I ate the last donut in the bathroom with her banging on the door fromt he other side once) I wait until she's asleep. Most of the time I don't eat with her because I use that time to do the dishes and clean up the kitchen (she'll try to "help" other wise). If I do sit down with her and am eating something different she will still eat my food and not hers. It has gotten to the point that I eat breakfast before she gets up, lunch after she's down for a nap, and dinner isn't a problem because she usually doens't like what we are eating. Also I used to eat in the car while running erands a lot but now that she is forward facing she can see me and it's "bite" all over again.

tmrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:45 PM   #10
SewGreenBaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmrobinson View Post
(I ate the last donut in the bathroom with her banging on the door fromt he other side once)

Also I used to eat in the car while running erands a lot but now that she is forward facing she can see me and it's "bite" all over again.
What a good laugh before bed!