Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
budafam
Registered Users

20 month old - not wetting diapers?

The little boy I watch is 20 months old and has 2 wet diapers a day (usually one in the morning and one after he gets up from his nap). His mom said that he didn't get a wet diaper until 2 am last night. She has an appointment for the doctor for him today. Has anyone had experience with a toddler not wetting? He drinks approx. 2 cups (6 oz) of juice a day while he's here and maybe 8 oz. of milk total... he eats *usually*... sometimes he doesn't but I never thought much of it because my kids are the same way.

Advertisement

Old 07-09-2009, 09:08 AM   #2
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:
Re: 20 month old - not wetting diapers?

Sounds like he is drinking and eating enough. A trip to the dr. could rule out any other problems, otherwise sounds like he is ready to potty train. My son did not wet in his cloth at night (we put him in cloth at night at 18 months), he would hold it all night and then he'd have a huge pee right after he got up. I waited until he was two to start potty training though, but this little man might be ready since he's able to keep his diapers dry pretty much all the time.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #3
Dolphin_Medic
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: 20 month old - not wetting diapers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellemomx3 View Post
Sounds like he is drinking and eating enough. A trip to the dr. could rule out any other problems, otherwise sounds like he is ready to potty train. My son did not wet in his cloth at night (we put him in cloth at night at 18 months), he would hold it all night and then he'd have a huge pee right after he got up. I waited until he was two to start potty training though, but this little man might be ready since he's able to keep his diapers dry pretty much all the time.
That was my thought too, sounds like after a medical problem is ruled out, he may be ready to PL