Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-31-2006, 04:54 PM   #1
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Now I'm worried

Okay so I posted a lil while ago that DS hasn't been wanting to eat much... well, now his weight gain has been pretty slow for a few months now, especially compared to the earlier months (Yes I know it's more rapid at first, keep in mind this is my first baby so I get paranoid easy LOL) anyhow, now he's starting to lose weight he's been in the 18lbs range I'd say for a good 2-3 months I *think*?? (is that normal? to remain so steady for so long) And weight remaining pretty much the same, but now he's lost a few ounces... now, he has also just begun to crawl so I know that is another factor. AND he has a well baby visit on wednesday, but I guess I just want some reassurance until then... should I really be worried or is this normal?

Advertisement

Old 12-31-2006, 04:57 PM   #2
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Now I'm worried

I'm sure its normal! DS has always been a small baby anyway, but he was a great deal chunkier before he started crawling around so much. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:05 PM   #3
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

He sounds as if he will come down the 50% range in weight and nothing to be concerned about at all. My DD was the same way and the doctors thought she was doing quite well.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:08 PM   #4
laniesmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD weighs 1lb more than she did 9 months ago! She's 18 months now. I think it's totally normal for babies weight to slow in the later 1/2 of the first through the 2nd year.

As long as DS is meeting major milestones, I wouldn't worry too much.

Take care!
laniesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:35 PM   #5
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks
Old 12-31-2006, 05:45 PM   #6
1happymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD leveled off for a while right around the 18 pound range and DS has been hanging steady around 20.5 pounds for the last few months. The Dr. wanted me to "fatten" up DD by putting butter on everything! I couldn't do it, it just went against my gut feeling. I'm sure that you're doing a great job and he's just reached his temporary plateau. Just stick with your mama intuition and you'll be fine.
1happymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:12 PM   #7
my2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

I wouldnt worry as long as he is eating, excercising, healthy and happy. DS was 26 pounds at 18 months and didnt gain n e thing till he was almost 22 months old. Now he is almost 27 pounds. So that was only 1 pound in 5 months. He was always close to 40-50% weight range. He has an extremely tiny bone structure and he is just a skinny guy. He was 34 inches at 18 months so he looks realllllllll skinny. Thanks to cloth diapers that bulk him up, he looks heavier. No really..... I have people stop and comment on how tiny his waist is, especially when people see pics of him. He is an extreme pig who eats n e and everything. He loves fruit, veggies, meat.....all the good stuff but he just doesnt gain much weight. Your little one will surprise you one day when you put him on the scale and he is a few pounds heavier.
Oh yeah, DS #1 is 3 yrs and 3 months and he is the same weight ( 33lbs ) he was at his 2nd birthday. The docs arent worried though.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:22 PM   #8
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks ladies, I feel much better