Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2006, 11:16 AM   #1
SusyQ
Registered Users
seller

Cloth wipes.....

I got some from SEZ along with some diapes...to be honest, I use sposie wipes...tried the cloth one on 2 messy poops....wow, much better at cleaning up than sposie wipes!!!

Why oh why did I not try these before??

Think I am going to buy some more...I only have like 6, ha! How many do i need for washing every 2-3 days?

Spam welcome!

Advertisement

SusyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:21 AM   #2
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth wipes.....

Don't want to hurt any WAHMs' feelings but honestly, I just use washcloths as cloth wipes. I have a few that have come as freebies with purchases and they are cute, soft fabrics, etc. but I haven't been in a position to spend a whole lot of money on cloth wipes when I already have a closet full of washrags that are the same thing.
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:26 AM   #3
Shay
Banned

I make make them for $10.00 for 12.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:25 PM   #4
marymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

leobaby04 makes awesome wipes!!! i tried baby washcloths as wipes but they seemed kind of rough on her lil heiney.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:44 PM   #5
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoster2000
Don't want to hurt any WAHMs' feelings but honestly, I just use washcloths as cloth wipes. I have a few that have come as freebies with purchases and they are cute, soft fabrics, etc. but I haven't been in a position to spend a whole lot of money on cloth wipes when I already have a closet full of washrags that are the same thing.

We have cute print baby wash cloths that we use. DH thinks the print is too scratchy for Riley's sweet bottom so we use the other side. They work like a charm and I think I got about 30 of them for $4. Can't beat that!
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:51 PM   #6
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I buy mine from Megan (one made giraffe on hyena cart 3 for $1.75) or from mommato3? here 3 for $1.00, thats where all of mine have come from.
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:58 PM   #7
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Tangy's got some great wipes. I even got some used from her and they're still soft. And they're not as bulky as a lot of wipes you'll buy.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:55 PM   #8
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started out using some Gerber washclothes as wipes and they work very well. I also got a couple for free with orders here and there but still find the baby washclothes to work very well and stay soft. I was considering trying to make my own out of a softer material but I'll still use these ones. I have about 30 in my Pampers wipe box that I store them in, folded in half. It lasts long enough that I don't need more before I wash again but I don't go too long without washing them quite yet as we're still trying different dipes and ordering here and there.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:15 PM   #9
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found that cloth wipes were cheaper than baby washcloths. Wonder where they can be bought 30 for $3?? At the very least, I need more for bathtime...

As for quantity, I need 60--to fill wipes box in nursery and travel wipes boxes in bedroom (for night changes), living room (day changes that I'm too lazy to walk to nursery for) and diaper bag. I keep a few at my nursing/pumpong station, too for wiping DD's milkface and me.
beenwaitingalongtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:41 PM   #10
mommy2zander
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cloth wipies are great!! For bottoms... & hands and face after meals... & bath time!! I would say it's nice to have 2-3 per diaper to start with... we had only 24 when our ds was newborn & with all that bm poo, we could've used more!!

I make wipes in a variety of prints & fabrics! The faux suede has been very popular!! so soft, as soft as velour, but much trimmer for storing!! You can take a look in the link in my signature!

Have fun shopping!! There are lots of cute choices here on ds!
mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote