Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-14-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
amy_mom2many
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Possibly TWINS!! UPDATE: U/S RESULTS!!!

UPDATE 7/22 POST #45

UPDATE 7/17I am scheduled for Wednesday the 22nd at noon! I can't wait...this is killing me! I did go for a quick scan yesterday by a friend who works in a clinic. She is only trained to do very basic U/S to see if pregnancies are viable. We think we saw 2, however there was a lot of movement and it was quite hard to make the call. The placenta looked huge to me. It looked as though one baby was laying to the front right side in the vertical bottom down position and then it looked as though there was a baby laying to the back of the left side and they were facing each other. That baby looked to be head down. At one point we were talking and I felt a huge movement on my right side that shook my belly. So she started scanning again and it now looked as though baby on the right had flopped and was now head down! There seemed to be a head in the lower left quadrant and also in the lower right quadrant. She scanned up my belly and at that point we got a great shot between the legs...I am about 95% sure I saw girl parts!! I cannot wait until Wed!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
<--- This was me yesterday when my midwife said there is a great possibility there are *2* babies! Now that might be great news when it's your 1st, 2nd even 3rd child, but my 8th?!? We have actually been suspicious of this for weeks now, but as I have been in TOTAL denial, I just hadn't made an issue of it. Now that my midwife is suspecting 2, it's a little more real. I'm going to schedule an U/S within the next few days, so we will know for sure. When I was 14 weeks along I had mentioned to my midwife that dh and I had been listening with our doppler and heard a 130's HR and a 160's HR. She listened with her fetoscope, but it was too early to hear anything (she will not use a doppler that early). So she measured me and I was 2 weeks ahead...which is not out of the norm for me. The following months prenatal, I measured 6 weeks ahead. She heard a HB, but baby was super active and kept running away. Yesterday I measured 9 WEEKS ahead and my midwife decided to see if she could feel baby(ies). She felt a baby laying in the vertical head down postion, then she *thinks* she felt a baby laying horizontally behind the other baby. She heard only one HB, but she said *if* there is another back behind, then it could be difficult to pick it up.

My real hang up in this is not really the fact of having twins, but this may disqualify me for my much wanted home birth . I have had 5 successful VBAC's, but I know few, if any Dr's would be willing to allow me to VBAC with twins. Our last birth was at home and it was amazing! I just wanted that again. First thing we have to do is find out just how many are in there. Until then, I'm trying to not think of the rest.

Advertisement

Last edited by amy_mom2many; 07-22-2009 at 11:55 AM. Reason: update
amy_mom2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
HobbyHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mommytimestwo
seller

Re: Possibly TWINS!!

wow thats exciting!!
HobbyHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #3
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow that is exciting. The more kids you have the higher chance of twins... I bet there is 2!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #4
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Can't wait to hear the results mama. And don't rule out your home birth just yet, you never know.
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:23 PM   #5
Knifty Kniteez
Registered Users
Formerly: gbryndi
seller

My Mood:

wow mama thas way exciting. I know of a few moms that have delivered twins at home, its very possible if you have been having vbacs. Good luck and i hope you get ur homebirth!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #6
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How many weeks are you now? Before 20 and fundal height is pretty inaccurate, especially in a grand multipara mama. Fundal height in a grand multipara past 20 weeks in unreliable and be all over the map.

But you can have twins at home, many mamas have, even VBAC. If we were blessed again I will be staying home!

My fave video!

Last edited by Mamatoabunch; 07-14-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Mamatoabunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #7
babyhope78
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, you'll have to let us know when you find out for sure!
Old 07-14-2009, 03:01 PM   #8
amy_mom2many
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post
How many weeks are you now? Before 20 and fundal height is pretty inaccurate, especially in a grand multipara mama.
I am 26 weeks tomorrow
Old 07-14-2009, 03:02 PM   #9
amy_mom2many
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'll definitely keep everyone posted
Old 07-14-2009, 03:10 PM   #10
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_mom2many View Post
I am 26 weeks tomorrow
Ahhh, have you been consistently measuring ahead or was there a big jump, sorry if you mentioned before, I have kids talking my ear off.