Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #1
daizydoo
Registered Users
seller
seller

milk allergy?

My dd has broken out from something she eats, she swells and gets hives that start on her face and sometimes goes down her body, a few times they have been fluid filled. This has happened a handful of times and we have not repeated the foods that caused it. But we did notice with yogurt one brand will break her out but another will not so we looked at the labels and the only difference was that the one without whey protien concentrate did not cause the reaction. We had one jar of baby mac and cheese- which was the food that caused the first and most severe reaction and it also has the whey protein concetrate in it. We did give her kraft mac and cheese and she was fine, it had whey but not whey protein concentrate. Could she be allergic to the whey protein concentrate but not regular whey. Is this a dairy allergy or is the whey different. Any help would be great.

Advertisement

Old 01-01-2007, 07:49 PM   #2
mom2kailinconnor
'Cuz inside out is wiggity wiggity wiggity whack!
seller

My Mood:
Re: milk allergy?

I think it could be that. My ds has a milk protein allergy. Is she bf or ff? If bf, has she not ever had a reaction with you eating dairy? If ff, what formula? The only thing that throws me off is that it has not shown itself when getting bf/ff. However, allergies can develop at any time to any thing. Hopefully you will get it figured out
mom2kailinconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:18 PM   #3
daizydoo
Registered Users
seller
seller

she is bf and has never had a reaction which is why the ped originally said probably not a dairy issue but maybe a preservative or food color but because of her age he said to not repeat a food reacted to and to keep a journal of sorts to try to track the reactions and try to pinpoint it. Last night was the first time we had nutrition labels to compare because I went to the store and compared. She does have exzema though.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:44 PM   #4
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son recently started doing this as well!! I cut all dairy out of his diet and no more rashes. . . he actually has some scares on his butt from it. . . I tried cooking some eggs in butter and he rashed up again, so I am fairly certian that its the dairy.
The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:03 PM   #5
daizydoo
Registered Users
seller
seller

We just got back from an appointment with an allergist and we found out the dd is allergic to eggs and dairy. He said that she reacted more severly to the egg than the dairy so he classified it as a mild dairy allergy and a mod to severe egg allergy. He did say we can continue to give her the foods she has not reacted to as long as we keep them in small portions like bread,mashed potatoes, and noodles that have some egg and milk in them but to completely avoid glasses of milk,yogurt,cheese,and egg dishes. So now I need to find a yummy egg free cake so if you guys have any good recipes to share that would great!