Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-16-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
SPD and PT relapse?

Anyone else deal with this?

My 2.5 year old has SPD - she's overly sensitive to a lot of things. Which worked out really well when it came to PT - she picked it up right away and has been fully trained day and night for about 4 months now. However, over the past week or so she has started relapsing. She's started wetting the bed at night. During the day she's asking to go more frequently - sometimes as often as every 20 minutes, and other times she'll go hours in between.

I took her to the doctor yesterday - physically, everything is fine. No UTI or irritation, they even tried culturing her urine to double check.

I had another mom online tell me her DD had something similar (she also has sensory issues) and it lasted 3-4 weeks before suddenly she was back to normal and just stopped.

Anyone else deal with this and have any suggestions, advice, or just a "this is a phase and will be over soon?" I've tried the typical PT items like limiting fluids, waking her at night to go, etc. and it hasn't made a difference.

Advertisement

And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: SPD and PT relapse?

Not the same, but my SPD dd was PLing and then went on a one month complete potty strike, wouldn't even sit on it, and now is using the potty almost every single pee all day.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:06 AM   #3
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How frustrating for you!

I ended up putting her in training pants for bed last night just in case. I don't want to go back to Pullups, but I also don't want to wash sheets every morning either. I figured that would absorb any accidents. Of course, since I did that last night she stayed totally dry...
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My sensory kid is the same age as yours, (1/07) and has been PT'd since January. She is also having relapse somewhat. She gets so distracted, I think she forgets to go, and she is going in the carseat or stroller sometimes when she falls asleep, which is a PITA. Usually it is when she was asleep, she wakes up briefly, and falls back asleep.

She HATES pullups and they aggravate her excema, so we are just trying to work through it. But I put her in BG/large FB for nights.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:48 PM   #5
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm wonder if it is an age thing also? My older DD didn't fully potty train until after 3, so we skipped this phase. Are you explaining the nighttime dipes in any way? I've been telling her that they are her special nighttime panties, but I don't know if that is setting us up for failure later on when she outgrows them...
Old 07-18-2009, 09:06 PM   #6
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post
Hmmm wonder if it is an age thing also? My older DD didn't fully potty train until after 3, so we skipped this phase. Are you explaining the nighttime dipes in any way? I've been telling her that they are her special nighttime panties, but I don't know if that is setting us up for failure later on when she outgrows them...
My older dd still wets the bed often, and she's 3.5. We just tell her we know it's hard to wake up to go potty sometimes, and we know she'll get better at it, but while she's working on it she'll wear diapers at night. And we started recently that if she's dry all night she gets a treat in the morning. I don't know if it really helps at night but she certainly gets excited if she's dry in the morning now. No self-esteem issues that I can see. (And she would get upset when her little sis was getting an occasional "potty treat" and is happy to have her own version.) She's actually been dry all but one day this week, so maybe it's helping.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote