Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2007, 08:52 PM   #11
lisapoe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ear infection and pneumonia!

DS ends up on antibiotics every time he gets an ear infection. That's why I'm wondering about probiotics. In March he was on 4 different ones in 3 weeks. I said enough! He just gets so sick, nothing kicks it except antibiotics. Sorry! I left that part out of my first post.

Advertisement

lisapoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:01 PM   #12
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:
Re: healing and preventing ear infection questions

Probiotic are supposed to help boost your immune system. My older 2 boys both ended with tubes in. It was so much better was they got them in. Mt ds2 also wears an amber teething necklace. I swear it works for his ears because he hadn't had an ear infection in 8 months and then the necklace broke and he has already had 3. He is no wearing his baby brothers and no more ear infections!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:12 PM   #13
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

From what I've heard, antibiotics are more to prevent things like meningitis, etc. The ear infections normally clear on their own. One kind is viral, and the other bacterial (right?)... the most typical isn't actually helped by antibtiotics. *shrug*

I hate ear infections.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:30 PM   #14
WinterMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Probiotics definitely help, and they're good to help repopulate your body with the beneficial bacteria after antibiotics wipe them out. That is provided you are buying a good quality brand, most are just useless.

Regular Chiropractic adjustements have helped my DS immensely, though he still gets them on occasion. Now we've found he needs to be on a steroid nasal spray during colds to keep his passages from swelling too much to drain. I don't like it, but anything is better than hearing the Ped say the word "tubes," again. I refuse to get tubes. They scarred my Dh's eardrum and he has hearing loss from them.