Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2009, 12:52 AM   #41
Drearina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WHY ARE WE SUBJECT TO P*RN? THIS IS A FAMILY SITE :YUCK: AND I PAY TO NOT SEE IT!

Roxy - Do you have adblock? It's a separate addon for FF. If you go to mozilla.com at the top is a tab for add-ons. Search for adblock plus and no-scripts install both of them. They will SAVE your computer!
You'll get a little ABP thing on the top right of your browser so you can allow popups on some sites (I need to allow on some game sites)
and you'll get a small bar at the bottom for no-scripts where you can enable some or none or all scripts on a page. A script is something that makes your comptuer do something else. I have to have scripts enabled on facebook for the games to work.
Hope that helps!

Advertisement

Old 07-28-2009, 01:19 AM   #42
RoxyRocks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: WHY ARE WE SUBJECT TO P*RN? THIS IS A FAMILY SITE :YUCK: AND I PAY TO NOT SEE IT!

Drearina I do have the blocker that FF ask me if I want to allow that comes up when ever something trys to pop up is that what you are talking about?
Old 07-28-2009, 01:42 AM   #43
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

No, it's here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865

I have this and I have not had any problems with malaware or viruses. Before that I was getting multiple ones daily with IE.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:55 AM   #44
RoxyRocks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Liz I will try this

Is there still a problem with Malware?
Old 07-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #45
Karrie Di
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't recommend changing to Firefox JUST for Diaperswappers. I'm saying change to it because nearly all the major websites have annoying picture ads--even yahoo and msn and facebook.

For those of you having problems with ads even after installing firefox with adblock plus and noscript---your computers may be infected. You might need to run your antivirus programs and clean up your computers to get rid of the ads.

Also--after you install adblock plus, make sure you choose a subscription like "easy usa" or something like that from a list. Update it, and it should keep ads from showing up.

Noscript will block everything until you allow it. But once you allow "facebook.com" once, you don't have to do it again. It will even block tracking cookies and stuff like that--love it!
Old 07-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #46
newfiemomma
Registered Users
seller

Re: If I am a site supporter, why am I seeing flat tummy adds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrie Di View Post
I never see those ads but I use Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer and the add-ons Adblock plus and Noscript.

Once you start using Firefox, you won't see that junk on ANY site--not even yahoo or MSN or whatever. It really cuts down on those ads.
ITA! I love FF. I don't even get any avatars
Old 07-28-2009, 09:37 AM   #47
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

100% firefox user here, with no ads at all! i wish i'd known about the ad-block add-in earlier, because i HAD been seeing ads up till recently. very glad i didn't get the viruses that were going around! it's wonderful not to have to be subject to ads telling me i need to lose weight, too
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:09 AM   #48
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRocks View Post
Thanks Liz I will try this

Is there still a problem with Malware?
I know I was getting one, but I'm not sure of it's origin. Most of the problems I was having here (related to ads) were mere annoyances. There have been reports of trojans, however.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:28 AM   #49
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

im getting them on nearly every page too.

i have firefox on my desktop and IE on the laptop and i get them on both

and FWIW, i dont really like firefox, i prefer IE

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:31 AM   #50
Karrie Di
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Better safe than sorry, IMO. Run antivirus updates and full scans. Then update your adblockers and come back to DS. You should be fine.

(AVG makes a free antivirus if you need one! We run a computer business and my dh puts it on computers all the time.)