Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2009, 10:34 AM   #51
Karrie Di
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: WHY ARE WE SUBJECT TO P*RN? THIS IS A FAMILY SITE :YUCK: AND I PAY TO NOT SEE IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife2002 View Post
im getting them on nearly every page too.

i have firefox on my desktop and IE on the laptop and i get them on both

and FWIW, i dont really like firefox, i prefer IE

It took me a little while to get used to firefox--change is hard no matter what! BUT you might have noticed the new IE took some ideas from Firefox like the tabs. Very telling!

Advertisement

Old 07-28-2009, 10:35 AM   #52
mommy2zander
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WHY ARE WE SUBJECT TO P*RN? THIS IS A FAMILY SITE :YUCK: AND I PAY TO NOT SEE IT!

Drearina, I can not thank you enough! I just installed avaste & was still having issues... hadn't thought about the fact that in the reboot after our computer crashed, we had gone back to internet explorer because it was auto loaded in our reboot & firefox wasn't...

Thanks again!
mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #53
adriannemae
Registered Users
seller

I have ad block plus i see no adds, but even if i did i'm not sure i'd categorize it as ****.

If it bothers you you can download firefox and ad block until the mods clear things up.

Use code "DSMAMA1" for 5% off your first order.
adriannemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #54
romanlili
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriannemae View Post
I have ad block plus i see no adds, but even if i did i'm not sure i'd categorize it as ****.

If it bothers you you can download firefox and ad block until the mods clear things up.
I really don't think the ads are p**n. I do think the point of all this is people shouldn't have to download extra web browsers and extensions just so they don't see these ads. The ads shouldn't exist at all on a family oriented site.
romanlili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:40 AM   #55
mummyto3girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Firefox doesn't work on my computer It crashes it every single time and we finally had to go with Google chrome. Still get ads but I can't switch again.
mummyto3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #56
Ferberjen
Registered Users
seller

We also use Mozilla Firefox, and don't have any of the ads. If i use internet explorer i get the ads all day long.
Ferberjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:54 AM   #57
RoxyRocks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I added this ad blocker and and I am STILL getting the ads I posted it earlier and I am beginning to think that these ads are paying DS to be on here. I agree with the PP that no one should have to download extra stuff to go on this site. I have never been asked to do that on any other site.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:59 AM   #58
RoxyRocks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
I know I was getting one, but I'm not sure of it's origin. Most of the problems I was having here (related to ads) were mere annoyances. There have been reports of trojans, however.
I did get the trojan malware virus and a I *thought* it was suppose to be cleared up
Old 07-28-2009, 12:05 PM   #59
Drearina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Of COURSE the ads are paying DS!
But I agree that you shouldn't do it just for DS. Using firefox makes you much more secure on the internet than IE does. It's just a superior browser altogether.

Roxy you may want to go to malawarebytes and run their scan, it's way more thorough than any other scan I've found. A lot of the very malevolent viruses shut down your ability to use tools like pop up blockers and adblock.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:06 PM   #60
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRocks View Post
I did get the trojan malware virus and a I *thought* it was suppose to be cleared up
I got a warning of 3 Trojans the other day (I posted a screen shot but removed it because there was personal info in it). AVG took care of it though.
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote