Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2007, 07:25 AM   #1
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Exclamation Help please

Okay DS is 9 1/2 mos old, and has yet to ever really use a bottle, we've tried, I pumped and offered, DH offered, nothing! Now, for a while now we've been trying to get him to use a sippy cup, with water or infant juice (yet to try BM, just cause he prefers it from the tap) LOL anyhow... he shows no interest, he won't even try to drink out of it... now I'm worried, what am I going to do when it comes time to wean? LOL He needs to learn to take something other than a boob! So any advice is greatly appreciated

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2007, 07:29 AM   #2
amanda308
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help please

Just keep trying. My DD didn't want the bottle at all in the beginning, she just cried at it. But after a week of trying she took it up and started holding it her self right away at six months.
amanda308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:32 AM   #3
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I know with dd, i had to try a million different sippy cups before she finally took one, she liked the nuby ones
Old 01-02-2007, 07:33 AM   #4
TeneikM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was worried about the same thing, and I don't know how much help this will be, but he might just figure this all out on his own. My DS self weaned at 1 yr (almost to the day!) and took a bottle with gusto for the first time in his life. A week later he decided that bottles were cheesy and went full time sippys. I was so worried because he wouldn't take a sip from anything else, even if I wasn't around. Then he just figured it all out on his own. I even tried pumping and offering for over 3 weeks (I was not ready to wean) but he was DONE. He even acted a little offended and got mad when I offered lol.

I guess just keep offering casually a few different types of sippys and hope he finds a good one! Good luck!
Old 01-02-2007, 07:34 AM   #5
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh wow! lol well DS is a pretty stubborn lil guy and determined, so maybe he'll do the same? yeah just gotta keep trying til then lol
Old 01-02-2007, 07:59 AM   #6
TeneikM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, Sebastian is pretty much a "my way or the highway" kinda little guy! I made sure that I didn't make a big deal out of it or stress about it, and it was all good!
Old 01-02-2007, 08:46 AM   #7
automatik2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you tried a doidy cup? DD has never wanted anything to do with a sippy or a bottle, but will drink from a regular cup ok.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:27 PM   #8
ce&E
Registered Users

My ds was just like this. He would never take a bottle, pacifier or a sippy cup. He's a very determined child so I figured the best thing was to not push the issue and now he is 1 and drinking from a cup with no problems. He's not completely weaned yet but he will be fine when he's ready. I just kept casually offering the cup and one day he just started drinking it. We tried sippy cups and regular ones with handles and he drank from the regular ones first but will now use a sippy also (which is less mess) Just hang in there. sometimes I wonder if he'd take a bottle now but it's just a curiosity I wouldn't try it to find out, lol!
Old 01-02-2007, 06:54 PM   #9
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks, yeah I heard about that doidy but then thought well sheesh if he won't take anything is it worth it? lol but maybe I should give it a shot!
Old 01-02-2007, 07:03 PM   #10
4BoysMom
Registered Users

we just started with a regular cup with a tiny amount of liquid in it and not super early either. Gavin isn't going to dehydrate himself, he WILL figure it out eventualy. You can even do pretend play and such anunciating the drinking motion in play to help him "get it".

Haven't joined the swagbucks craze yet? I've earned $85 in amazon gcs, so can you!
Easy Lunch Boxes - The Best LunchBoxes Easylunchboxes.com
4BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote