Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-23-2009, 08:05 AM   #11
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The Wrong Attitude?

Meh, Tell them to stop and let it be. Gender rolls don't need taught at all. Children need to be who they are, and if being taught to be a nurturing father is wrong, then so be it.

My DH got into it with a man at Lowes one time for making fun of my then 4YO for wearing a cabbage patch in a sling. He turned to the guy (while wearing the 2YO on his back) and said, "He'll make a great dad some day, won't he?".

Advertisement

The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:06 AM   #12
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and it isn't like you are going to "turn him gay" or something b/c he likes pink or dolls. They need to get over the narrow minded phobias that they have, and not instill them on your son. (I deal with it at home b/c my son has hair down to his butt, and refuses to get it cut.)
The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:32 AM   #13
finn's mom
Registered Users

My Mood:

These are the images of his childhood I want for him. Not focused on the pink, but on the fun we had. That is how I view childhood. A time for fun, and being silly.

That is his Piglet sweater.

He dressed himself (in my shirt, but who wouldn't it is silky). I just wish they could see the pride, and the joy in his face. This pic makes me smile, not because he looks silly in a dress. But because that look on his face.

I do have a few pics of him in tutus as well.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:48 AM   #14
mommyfrog
Registered Users

Good grief, he's 2!! I used to dress my little brother up in dresses and we'd play house and dolls. He'd also play Barbies with me. Well, he's not feminine in any way now. He's a biker with tattoos!! But he has a 7 year old ds and a 4 year old dsd and he is very nurturing and caring with them. It makes me happy to see ALL my brothers (except one, he's too selfish!!) be such caring wonderful fathers and I know they ALL played with dolls as children. My sons all play with dolls. Well the older two probably don't anymore, but they have and the younger ones play with them almost daily. My dds also have played with trucks, bugs, sticks, and all the other stuff people think is for boys. My 4 year old dd's favorite thing right now is to catch bugs or worms in a jar and show them to everyone. My older kids have not been damaged in any way by playing with things other people thought were for the other gender and niether will my younger kids. I never listened to them. My mom set a great example about that when we were growing up and let us play with whatever we wanted.

Oh yeah. My newborn diaper stash is almost entirely pink diapers. My boys have all worn tons of pink diapers. One even has butterflies, flowers, and bunnies!!
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #15
Ola_
Registered Users

They need to get over themselves, sheesh. My favourite toy growing up was a big dump truck. I turned out just fine and it's still a family story about how I would drive things around in my big truck.
Ola_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #16
Liddle1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy

heck me and my friends used to put makeup on my brother and he turned out just fine
Old 07-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #17
CrystalnIzzy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

NAk, but I just wanted to say that piglet is a BOY! Your son is adorable btw.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #18
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

I'd tell them to get over it - in fact that's what I tell BIL when he says things like that. My DS loves his lovey and his babies too - he also plays with trucks, hammers, and balls...
Old 07-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #19
leighi123
Banned
seller

My Mood:

My ds loves pink - its his favorite color. And he loves to play dress up (sometimes with construction hats and somtimes with pink tutu's and fairy skirts!) He plays with cars and balls but also with his baby doll, crochet food set and other typically 'girly' toys. A lot of his friends are girls and he plays with their toys too! His clothes are mostly gender neutral, when he was little he had more pink stuff because we waited until he was born to find out he was a boy. He had a ton of pink diapers!

People think he is a girl even when he is wearing all blue with a truck on his shirt or something.

I dont see what the big deal is, he doesnt care, and as long as he is having fun, doesnt matter to me what color things are!
leighi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #20
leighi123
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Here he is modeling a dress for me!

Wearing his baby

Playing 'sticky fairy' (he has my lint roller!) His diaper is purple!

Last edited by leighi123; 07-23-2009 at 12:14 PM.
leighi123 is offline   Reply With Quote