Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2006, 07:02 PM   #1
Cranberrycove
Registered Users
seller

Gerber DSQ prefolds equivalent to what Chinese prefold???

I have been using the Gerber DSQ prefolds from Target and am looking to purchase more prefolds. I would like to try some chinese prefolds but I'm not sure what an equivalent would be. Can someone help me?
I measured one that I have and it measures about 13"x16" (of course this is washed/fluffed/shrunken measurement not new out of the package).
I think the layers would be considered 2x4x3 (I tried to count the layers)?

Advertisement

Cranberrycove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:36 PM   #2
hollyhobby30
Registered Users
seller

Re: Gerber DSQ prefolds equivalent to what Chinese prefold???

These are my favorite. You can see measurement in the info...
http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=89&osCsid=18 1d0d81c32b08ec458fe5c402875adc For me there is a HUGE difference between Gerber and Chinese prefolds. I love Chinese and Indian prefolds. You won't go back!
hollyhobby30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:54 PM   #3
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

do you have the gauze only ones, the gauze ones with the stuffing, or the twill cotton (looks like jeans look but white) kind?? i think its the gauze ones with stufing that are that size, i have a few of all 3 kinds and without looking/measuring those are the smallest if im remembering right...

id get chinese or indian, i like unbleached ones best, theyre more absorbant and softer than the bleached ones, and the indian are even more so than chinese, imo also
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:05 PM   #4
Cranberrycove
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Mindy~*
do you have the gauze only ones, the gauze ones with the stuffing, or the twill cotton (looks like jeans look but white) kind?? i think its the gauze ones with stufing that are that size, i have a few of all 3 kinds and without looking/measuring those are the smallest if im remembering right...
I have the twill looking ones. I bought a pack of the other gauze type ones not knowing what they were until I got them home and opened them...and now I use them as bibs and rags. The twill looking ones I have are solid fabric, not the ones with the polyester batting in the middle. I knew to avoid those from when my brother was in diapers.

Oh, I recounted the layers and I think they are actually 4x6x5(one side has an extra layer) or something like that.
Cranberrycove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:26 PM   #5
havanadaydreamin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have some of those, and I think that they are pretty much the same size as the regular prefolds.

I prefer the premium size ones though. They seem to be just a tad bit bigger than my Gerber pf so I like those better.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:22 PM   #6
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i dunno, mine as far as sizing of the dsq ones are premium sized, lol, i didnt know they made smaller dsq ones... oh well. theyre closest to chinese bleached ones.
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote