Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
maliroo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Some Q's...

First of all a huge thanks to all the info so far on my EC journey! You Mama's are awesome!! I am still not quite brave enough to go diaper free during the night yet tho...
I am just interested in my EC method. My DD is 11 months old and we are catching most poops and doing good with the pee's but I am still taking her quite a lot to the potty and using timing rather than waiting for her to communicate that she needs to go. Sometimes she gives me the sign (especially if she has gone in her diaper she lets me know that she is 'all done'). Usually when I take her she squeezes out a wee or has a little 'toot' which shows me she understands that potty is where you go toilet. BUT my question is should I be waiting till her bladder is full and she 'needs' to go, instead of taking her often and getting little wee's?
I wonder if I am not teaching her to hold until there is a potty? I hope this makes sense ALSO I am wondering if putting her over potty during the night when she feeds is right? She seems to wake to go pee/feed so we have not slept more than 4 hours since birth YAWN... I have heard not to disturb baby and just take them in the morning showing them where to go rather than 'training' them to go pee often through the night?
Hmmm... I really should read all the literature you all reccommend!

Advertisement

Last edited by maliroo; 07-31-2009 at 09:58 AM.
maliroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #2
janelle525
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Some Q's...

I have the same question! We have only tried nighttime once and it was horrible! It felt like I was always awake trying to figure out if he had already peed in his diaper when he would wake to feed and whether or not I should put him on the potty, and when I did he would wake up and start crying. What is the point?! I think we should be maximizing sleep time rather than interrupting it!
I do feel bad when he sits in his pee all night, but I think we both get more sleep that way rather than me trying to catch it all in the potty. I know that is not much advice, does anyone else have anything to share about it?
janelle525 is offline   Reply With Quote