Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2007, 05:39 PM   #11
A'smommy
Registered Users

Re: Feeding your baby/toddler/child "different" foods

Well, I may be falling into the food trap too (DD loves mac and cheese and chicken nuggets) but she will try almost anything if she sees me sprinkle cheese over it!

I try not to worry about it...if I don't make a big deal out of it hopefully she won't either. And she's still nursing, so she can't be deficient. Watching with interest though...my New Year's Resolution is to plan meals and eat healthier.

Advertisement

Old 01-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #12
Lasciate
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DD will eat almost anything if she sees mom or dad eating it. The only thing she hasn't eaten yet is seafood, because there are allergies in the family and I wanted to wait until after her 2nd birthday (which was last week). I'm hoping she'll like fish as much as her mommy does, because DH is no fan of it and I want to cook it more often. I'll be somewhat sad if she doesn't, after seeing her scarf down samples of *headcheese*, of all things!

I do admit to giving DD 'kid food' (pizza, chicken nuggets, grilled cheese) on occasion, but only when I'm eating it myself. She's used to eating what we eat, so she doesn't ask for separate food. It works, for now anyway.
Lasciate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:01 AM   #13
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

when they start to eat they start on bits of whatever we are eating. I dont buy from the kids menu, we get them the salad bar.