Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:
Mamas in South Korea, anyone been to Busan to the aquarium there?

DH is on his break and he goes back on Wednesday and already the week is about blown. lol We're kind of looking for something big to do and one of the things that DH does want to do is take a train somewhere (he doesn't really care where but he likes trains). I recently saw something on the Discovery channel about the KTX and saw something online about the Busan Aquarium so I was kind of tossing around the idea that we would take the express train from Seoul to Busan, see the aquarium and then take a slower train back. It would give us something fun to do anyway. Then again, another option (especially since we're in the same city is Everland) is to go to the water park in Everland or something like that. I don't know. I just don't want to completely blow off the last two days of his break though as it is probably going to be the last one until December (unless he decides to take days off for the Feast). So, any suggestions?

Advertisement

My Blog: Sipping Life One Day at a Time
NATTYBATSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
vickul
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mamas in South Korea, anyone been to Busan to the aquarium there?

Hubby and I went there a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would say the aquarium itself is much better than the one at Coex in Seoul and definitely one of the places we want to take DD when she gets a bit older. The animated underwater "roller coaster" (one of those IMAX type deals) is an altogether different matter -- NOT an experience I care to repeat (super jerky motion and mediocre footage).

Everland is nice too, though it gets crazily crowded during "vacation time."
Old 08-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #3
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:

When is the "vacation time" over? DH just went back to work today.

We just took the train the Daejeon which was where DH worked when he was here back in 2002 and 2003 (AFTER he was in Guri City and Ilson which was why he ended up in Korea for a total of 21 months instead of just one year), took the subway to one area, ate at the TGIFridays, took a cab to the city hall area, found a Krispie Kreme where they actually make the donuts there, went to a park that was nearby, got back on the subway, took that to the station, got on our 9:16 train which was late (though DH thought it would be cook to ride on the train that came through earlier that had boxcars--DH is a little obsessed with trains), took that back to Seoul though we realized we could have gotten off in Suwon, got the subway, made it down to the yellow line only to see it was closed, took the subway back two stops, picked up a bus which took us most of the way here, caught a cab that took us the rest of the way here with some minor goof-ups. It was after 1am when we finally got home. Whew!

I'm hoping maybe before the end of the summer we'll be able to go to Everland. DD keeps seeing the commercials and the fireworks and gets all excited and I would like to go to the water park as it is been awhile even though I used to live not all that far from Wisconsin Dells. But right now, I need to recover from yesterday, my legs are KILLING ME!

I still want to go to Busan but I'm thinking that may be in December and if we do, we WILL spend the night! We'll do it before DD's birthday, maybe around Christmas Day. DH will hopefully be off for break then. Christmas, I'm actually looking forward to being here for. We don't celebrate it so it will be nice to not have the entire country shut down because of it.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:38 AM   #4
mbcclady
Registered Users

My Mood:

I realize this is a super old thread, but I saw in the last post that you might consider going to the Busan aquarium in December. In case you're still thinking about it, I just wanted to say that my husband and I went in July and we loved it. It was a lot of fun, and reasonably priced!
mbcclady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:54 AM   #5
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:

We're planning to go to the one at the Co-ex. We're much closer to that one and now, with me being pregnant and nauseous and tired, it's just easier on me. lol Since DD will only be four, I figured it's not going to matter which one we go to since she hasn't had a chance to go to an aquarium yet so she'll like it and probably get a kick out of seeing all the sharks.