Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-04-2007, 03:19 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Watery eyes in LO

MY DS has had a runny nose for about a week, which the ped saied is no big deal. Yesterday, tho, his eyes started watering. He still nurses the same and seems to be in agood mood. Should I be worried? is there something I should do? (He's 3 months old)

DD - 12/99, DD - 5/00, DS - 09/06, DS-09/08!
aprilwood11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:41 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Watery eyes in LO

I wouldn't worry about it. Chances are that since the tear ducts are connected to the sinuses and stuff, that it's just aggrivated in there right now. I wouldn't worry about it unless the eyes themselves start to get red or anything b/c that can be a sign of red eye.
Chantily~wife to my soul mate and sahm to 3 lively boys! A-6 J-3 S-1, 1 min pin, Buster and 1 kitty, Bob

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:51 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Watery eyes in LO

My DD (also 3 mos) has this too. Her pediatrician said it's just plugged tear ducts; for her it started at 4 weeks and continues to present itself whenever she's congested. All you can do is a little "massage". With clean hands, place your index finger and thumb on opposite sides of the nose at the level of the tear ducts. With gentle pressure, slide your fingers down the nose. Repeat 3-5 times. You're supposed to do this 3 times a day to help prevent any further blockage. They say that the tear duct should be fully developed by 1 year of age and that this pooling should resolve by then.
EBF, CD SAHM to 2 October girls ('03, '06)
Check out my 100% positive Ebay feedback (userid agravag)
agravag is offline   Reply With Quote