Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #1
davesaysimaturd
Registered Users

Question BAC-OUT?? How do you use it?

Hi.

I bought some BAC-OUT today. How do you use it?

I want to use it with my BG 1.0 and 2.0. Hopefully it will eliminate the stains and help prevent and eliminate stinkies.

Thanks.

Advertisement

davesaysimaturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:03 PM   #2
Steve's Wife
Registered Users
seller

Re: BAC-OUT?? How do you use it?

I rinse the poop off and spray the bac-off on the poopie parts. It works best if it soaks for several hours or overnight. Not a cheap way to reduce stains, but effective.
Steve's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:18 PM   #3
crunchymomma
Banned
seller

Bac out is WONDERFUL. My cycle is.... I spray poopies with totally toddler... before putting in the pail. I wash every 2-3 days. I do a cold wash with baking soda and I put bac out in a snuggle ball. I then do a hot wash with sun detergent. I've diapered two kids like this and have never had a problem. The bac out leaves a lime scenet to my dipes that I love.
crunchymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:44 PM   #4
kkweight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ya, pretty much do what the above gals said. get the poops off. Then i sprayed a little bit on where the poop marks are left. You dont need tons of this stuff though, its very effective and just a little is needed.
Also, make sure you rinse rinse rinse! It does create some suds, but as long as you rinse well it shouldnt be an issue.
kkweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:54 PM   #5
jrpbrown1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yup, just like above I spray it on poopy areas of dipes before dry pailing. I diluted it 50% with water in a spray bottle. I have also squirted some in my cold prewash but I have to really rinse when I do that as DD has become rashy when I don't do extra rinses.
jrpbrown1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:57 PM   #6
Emma
Registered Users
seller

I usually just put some of it in the washer when I do my presoak. If I can, I try to soak the dipes over night. If there's a really tough stain (we don't really get sun in the winter), I'll put some directly onto the stain.
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:02 PM   #7
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Did you get the 16 oz concentrate or 32oz ready to use?

Either way I put it in an old dish soap bottle (if concentrate dilute) and I get what poopies I can off then just squirt it on the diaper.I was using a spray bottle but found that for my AIO's the dish soap bottle got enough liquid out to treat the inner part to without much effort on my part

I sometimes add it to the wash in a cold pre-rinse on a full load(I think if you use it in hot/warm off the bat it kills the Bac-Out so do cold first??I read that somewhere ) I then launder the load in warm or hot and it kills whatever Bac-Out enzymes might be in the diapers I don't do this often

If you are having stickies right now I would spray/squirt everything really well and let it sit overnight before washing. If you have a dishwasher strip all your inserts and doubler in it a few times.

I have also found that with bG's (which is most of my stash) if I put the poopy diapers in a seperate wet bag and on wash day run them through a rinse and then add all my pee diapers.. something about that pre-rinse with the poopy ones KEEPS the suedecloth smelling nice and clean on all my diapers! Something about mixing a poopy bG in with the rest of the load was making all the suedecloth smell funny. Not like poo but not fresh either if that makes sense.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:40 PM   #8
ModernMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have the self foaming spray and I just spray it on any poo stains before I throw the dipe in the hamper. Hasn't failed me yet! You can get it for a great price at www.drugstore.com.
ModernMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:43 PM   #9
targhee
Registered Users

I spot treat with it - just squirt a little on the poopy diapers as I am tossing them in the wash. I let them sit for an hour or so, then do my regular wash (HOT wash, two cold rinses using Planet powdered detergent alternated every third wash with Tide).
Old 01-04-2007, 09:11 PM   #10
WinterMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ooh, keeping it near the pail is a great idea! I religiously did this with every poop diaper with Ds, but now it's more like I dump them in the washer and go. No time to examine each diaper. I hadn't figured out how to work it into our routine since my Whole Foods finally got them back in stock!

This place is full of great ideas!