Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2011, 08:21 AM   #11
AmarilloMommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Amarillo mama's!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfarmom View Post
I know this thread is a little old, but I'm always looking for other moms who do "natural" things in my area. I live in Hereford! I would love to know who your friend is jamiejo! I try to get moms from the area together for playdates!
I'm in Amarillo, so not too far from you!

Advertisement

AmarilloMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #12
cboytitan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm in Dumas - was in Amarillo on Thurs actually

cboytitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:32 PM   #13
Fluffnewbie
Registered Users
seller

I'm in Lubbock, so not too far away! I frequent Amarillo a lot for work, too. I hVe only been cd'ing for about 3 months now, but I am already obsessed! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Fluffnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #14
texasfarmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Fluffnewbie I know what you mean by being obsessed! I think I am too. There are just too many choices. It's too much fun, but can get expensive. I've been cding since my DD's birth, but I'm currently trying to find the "perfect" cd for us. I'm trying out bumGenius, Flip, and I have some Happy Heinys coming.

So happy to see other moms in this area! Although everyone might be a bit far to come to Hereford for playdates.
texasfarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #15
AmarilloMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfarmom View Post
Fluffnewbie I know what you mean by being obsessed! I think I am too. There are just too many choices. It's too much fun, but can get expensive. I've been cding since my DD's birth, but I'm currently trying to find the "perfect" cd for us. I'm trying out bumGenius, Flip, and I have some Happy Heinys coming.

So happy to see other moms in this area! Although everyone might be a bit far to come to Hereford for playdates.
Hereford is definitely not too far for us. We usually drive to Adrian once a week to visit friends so we're used to all the driving that comes with living in the panhandle lol
Old 06-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #16
momof4lilones
Registered Users
seller

I live in Dalhart. I just moved here about a month ago. I have cd my last two boys. W
Was happy to stumble on this thread. I have tried a ton of dipes so would love to help out with any questions and such. Just so excited to know there are other crunchy mamas out there not to far away.
momof4lilones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:40 PM   #17
SewGreenBaby
Registered Users
Formerly: Naturally Pampered
seller
seller

My Mood:

I currently live in Florida, but my family will be moving to Amarillo in August for my husband's job. We don't know anyone there and would love to make some new friends. My son turned 3 in March. We don't cd anymore, but I try to be green in other aspects of our life.

I'd love to hear how other moms like living in Amarillo. =)
SewGreenBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #18
AmarilloMommy
Registered Users
seller

Aside from the complete lack of moisture lately, we love Amarillo. There are always things going on at the convention center, tons of parks, and very friendly people.

Coincidentally, my husband is from Florida lol
Old 06-15-2011, 03:54 PM   #19
MeliWal
Registered Users

I just joined this forum and have decided to cloth diaper my first child (due 10/9). I have lived in Amarillo most of my life and the green movement here is slow, but I think its coming around.

I have already been getting lots of snickers and criticism with my decision to cd, but if I can make it work, then hopefully I can enviro-guilt others into trying it.

Naturally Pampered- I am so sorry that you will have to be so far from the beach, but there are some pluses to Amarillo. There is almost 0 humidity, so even if it is 100+ outside it will feel a good bit cooler than you are used to. Also, the school system is pretty good here and it is not generally necessary to send your kid to private school as I have heard that many areas of florida is a must. Good luck with your move, let me know if you have any questions on the area.
MeliWal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:04 PM   #20
SewGreenBaby
Registered Users
Formerly: Naturally Pampered
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm not really a beach person. I'm really looking forward to leaving the humidty behind, lol. I was in Amarillo a couple weekends ago looking at apartments and I really liked how all the shopping was close by. I made my husband go hiking with me at the Palo Duro canyon. That was a lot of fun. =)
And it's good to hear about the schools. I was definitely going to be putting my ds in private school in florida. It would be nice to not have that extra expense if they have better schools there. =)

Last edited by SewGreenBaby; 06-15-2011 at 05:05 PM.
SewGreenBaby is offline   Reply With Quote