Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-06-2007, 03:19 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: s/o my cosleeping post

Originally Posted by Mommy2JJ View Post
You guys are lucky!! I have a "twiddler" so I have to keep a shirt on or he thinks he has twiddle whatever side he isn't nursing on...drives me nuts
rofl! my dd hasn't figured this out yet...

I keep a shirt on too so that she doen s't nurse constantly the entire night.

**Quixtar Rep and Melaleuca Executive**
Grad Student mommy with 2 little ones...
You can find me and some AWESOME co-ops at A Mom's Hideout (AMH)
momx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:47 AM   #12
Registered Users

Originally Posted by presleycaedmon View Post
Well, we've co-slept and breastfed from day one so I speak from experience here! LOL

At 4 months old DD didn't find the breast and latch on by herself. When she would stir it would wake me up enough to lift up my shirt and get her latched on then I would fall back asleep while she nursed. She usually turned her head away from the breast when she was done and neither of us had to fully wake up. Now at 9 months old I still have to help her a little but she can usually make it to the breast and latch on on her own.
apetelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:10 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

My DS is four months old and pretty much latches on by himself (unless he is lazy and doesn't want to move and has scootched away from me, then I have to move and latch him on )

I hated having no light (we've been doing this since birth)... so I have a rock salt lamp that acts as our night light... very dim, but just enough to help us with latch (and if I want to check on him or just watch him sleep).

I recommend nightlight... everything has been so easy for us with it!
~crunchy AP Mama to Toad (he's 5!) and Frog (he's 3!) and Newt (he's 1!)
triscuitsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:14 PM   #14
Registered Users

have you nursed sidelying before? awake?? I ask b/c it SEEMED so simple bu it was really hard in the beginning - awake w/the lights on!

I think dd had to grow enough to reach my boob before we could get it right around 6mo maybe.

and no, she didnt self-latch at that age, I latched her on semi-awake and continued w/my sleep. sometimes she'd unlatch herself other times, I'd wake up 2h later and she was still hooked up.

Retired milkshare donor -Nearly 1700 oz of ebm donated
Mamma to the best dd 10/05 and Expecting #2 edd 11/29/09 and 2 furkids!
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

with their hands!

mine could undo my nursing bra at about a month old, and if i wasnt wearing one he could get it himself before that. he would stick out his hands and find my boob and bring his head to it (err..more of try to bring my boob to h is head and meet part ways LOL really cute to watch but it kinda hurt depending on how far he wanted to stretch it!)

i never could understand people when they said their kid didnt smell the milk so strong when they had a shirt on so they didnt nurse as much etc, mine just pulled it up or my boob out the top, it made no difference to him!

when he was younger, i really didnt move when he was asleep, and neither did he, except to roll towards me and back over sometimes if he wasnt comfy on that side, but never away from me enough for me to need to find himand stick my boob to him or anything, he was already at that level.

Mindy, mommy to a very adorablelittle guy! , my UC'd baby boy!& my brand new UC'd baby GIRL
I love my babies!
Need money?
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote