Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-19-2009, 07:34 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
I'm freaking out

so, I probably just need to settle down, but I can't. I'm just sure that I'm drying up. We went canoeing this Sunday so instead of our weekend nursing vacations to boost supply like we usually do. Yesterday I noticed I was low, I got about 6 oz instead of my usual 8-10. Then today at my 8am session I literally got *nothing* like 1/2 oz total. I thought my dip yesterday may be because I sized up my flanges, and so today I brought the smaller ones again and get nothing?! I do have a freezer stash, so its not like the kid will starve (yet) plus I think hes in the middle of a growth spurt. He nursed last night before bed for 2 hours easy. I let him because I felt like supply was low, and what better way to get it up? Then he slept through the night (which I didn't realize until my alarm went off during what I thought was his middle of the night nurse, so I'm a little tired too. I was expecting another 3 hours of sleep.) Maybe I'm just super empty because he pigged out on me this morning and usually he doesn't.
Uhg... I'm done freaking. I ate a bowl of oatmeal and I need to get some water. I hate pumping. Its for the birds.

I make milkshakes in my yard.

Last edited by Kriket; 08-19-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Kriket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
Coop Hostess
My Mood:
Re: I'm freaking out

aww, mama. hopefully he just drained you good when he ate
I am moving on in life, if you need to get in touch with me, please email me at
Keropisunshine23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

Did you drink lots of water while you were out over the weekend? That can cause a temporary dip as well. Just keep pumping, drink lots of water, and let your LO nurse as often as he wishes. It'll come back in a day or two.
Tam - CD'ing, BF'ing, sometimes BW'ing mama to DS (5/6/06) and DD (3/11/08) ; loving wife to DH
txmom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:22 AM   #4
Registered Users
Formerly: diapernewby
My Mood:

You could be super empty but what you want to do anyway is have him nurse when he feels like in addition to pumping. It's sure to bring your supply back up. Also - drink water till you float.
Hope it comes back up quickly.
CDing, wife to DH and mama to one crazy DS
Sasha299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:25 AM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

I know how you feel mama
Just keep at it
Love Pockets? Love Natural Fibers? BabyKicks 3g Pocket Fits Newborn-Potty!

G mama to L & S & 2 very fuzzy furbabies.
ravinchik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:18 PM   #6
Registered Users

I hate pumping. It's like having a second needy child without any of the good stuff.
Those random supply dips were the worst, and you know your anxiety doesn't help... DON'T PANIC, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT, yeahhhh riiiight.

full time student, crunchy wife to my woodsy man, and mom to Anja Rose born at home 12/26/07 cautiously expecting #2 in early May 2010 while nursing my toddler 100% CD in prefolds, flats, and my own handknit wool
wobitnobby is offline   Reply With Quote