Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
AutumnRose
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Medela Freestyle?

I am really looking into buying this pump. I need something light, easily transported, not manual! and a brand that seems to work for most. I have used a PIS by Medela, I like it, but it was borrowed so now I have to make the big purchase. What are the pros and cons of this pump that you have found? And any other helpful info on it would be appreciated! TIA

Advertisement

Old 08-20-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
LoriT02
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Medela Freestyle?

I looked at this one, but thought clean up would be a hassle.
It did look nice and light though.
LoriT02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:53 AM   #3
Blessed with 9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have used a ton of pumps. I was going to sell mine, thinkinig it was too complicated. However. Since I couldn't get even half of what I paid for it, I started using it and NOW I love it and am going to sell my PIS advance limited edition. Clean up of these is MUCH easier than the Advance, and SO light adn easy to take with everywhere. I don't even use the hands free portion of it, cause with the suction, the things stay put anyway! SO quiet, omg, you hardly hear it. Tracks the time you pump too! You can even use it memory. THE best part, you can charge it up, take it somewhere and not have the batteries to use it or a car charger! It's got a permanent rechargeable battery. The tubings aren't so long and annoying either. I LOVE it. SO freakin awesome, I'm glad I couldn't get what I wanted for it. I use it ALL the time now!!! I just love love love it. It is to me, WORTH EVERY CENT once I started using it. Took 2 x and now I am in love!
Blessed with 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #4
AutumnRose
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have been reading a little on it and really think this is the one I am going to get...anyone else?
Old 08-21-2009, 07:20 PM   #5
Sk8ermaiden
Registered Users

My Mood:

Just copy/pasting this from the "what kind of pump" thread sinck I am PAK.

I am EPing, so it was really important I have a very good double electric.

I read ALL the reviews I could find on other sites and especially Amazon. It was between the PISA Metro and the Freestyle, but the Freestyle allows me so much more freedom. Since I'm an EPer, it was so great to have an option that is so light and tiny. I also liked the timer and backlighting since I am always asking everyone what time it is while pumping! So I throw it in the diaper bag, and its battery is good for 3 hours of pumping.

The cons listed in the reviews were that the soft horns chafed (which I found to be true; this seems to vary based on breast shape/size. The LC I bought from threw in hard horns for free.) That two or three people had the motors burn out quickly (but Medela overnighted them new ones no questions asked and the LC said she'd lend me one at any time if mine had a problem.) And that the hands free apparatus didn't really work for larger breasts. Oh well, I'll just make my own.

For anyone who had to buy a pump in the future, I highly recommend going to a lactation consultant. Because of the retail price floor on Medelas, the LCs have waaaaay lower prices because they can buy in bulk and discount. Mine was $70 less than Amazon and $105 less than BRU or Target.

But yes, I love my Freestyle!
Sk8ermaiden is offline   Reply With Quote