Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2007, 03:22 PM   #11
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:
Re: Is this thrush??? I have pictures lol

Like I said before, too - I wouldn't treat unless it's bothering you or him. Treatment is a PITA and messy if you use GV. I sure wouldn't have bothered to treat if no one showed symptoms. I just get nasty pain in my boobs.

Advertisement

Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:34 PM   #12
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

I guess I"m the odd one out. I would treat it, even if it wasn't causing me pain!! Yeast is nasty! Plus, it can be causing your LO pain in their mouth (it might not though, it just depends!)

You can treat it with GV or get an script for it. I'd go with GV first though! (It is messy!!)
Old 01-06-2007, 03:35 PM   #13
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would take a rough wash cloth and see if it will come out. If it bleeds and still has white splotches it is thrush, if it does come off and is just a little red (no bleeding) then it is milk fat from your BM. They can appear similar, but if it is thrush, you might want to treat it before it effects your breasts as well. We delt with that for months and actually stopped BF because I couldn't get rid of it for anything.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:02 PM   #14
pixiepunk
Registered Users
seller

yeast is *much* easier to treat when it's minor. the longer you let it go, the harder it's going to be to get rid of. yeast is insideous and can hang on for months and months once it gets a hold.

definitely treat yourselves (both of you) now before it gets worse. you don't want yeast in your breasts - trust me. not only does it hurt *bad* but it can cause plugged ducts and breast infections. it can also travel from his mouth to his gut, causing painful gas and awful green foamy poops, and a painful itchy diaper rash. and then you've got real problems.

if you don't want to do the GV treatment, at least start both taking probiotics and cut out processed sugars and yeasty carbs like white pasta and white bread. if it's still in its early stages, the probiotics will probably get rid of it w/out having to do anything else. you can just crack open the capsules and sprinkle the powder in a sippy of water, or over food if he eats solids, or dissolve it in a tsp of water and squirt it in his mouth. both of you should take it 3x a day.

seriously. you don't want it to get worse. get rid of it while it's easy to get rid of.
pixiepunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:13 PM   #15
ocean_o_curls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

definatly thrush dd had it for almost 3 months. I would definatly treat now. The longer you wait the worse it will get i would try the gentian violet stuff first ( it didn't work for us but it does for a lot of other people) you can buy it at wal mart its messy though we used some old shirts do one treatment and see if it goes away. I wouldn't do the grapeseed extract yet unless he develops a rash in the 3 months dd had thrush she never once got it in her diaper area.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:17 PM   #16
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Everyone says GV, but it says on the label not to use it orally. lol.

I would do pro-biotics. All thrush is is a yeast infection. DS had a small spot of it a couple weeks ago and 2 days on pro-biotics fixed him right up! Though, I continued it for a while.

I bought some GSE, but never have him any. You can put 1 drop in a thing of babyfood though, or 3 drops in a bottle for him and that will help too.

Pro-biotics grow back the good bacteria he needs. And GSE kills off the bad bacteria that may be growing. Probiotics are the big thing though, he needs that good bacteria.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:54 PM   #17
blueyed_boys
Registered Users

TREAT IT Now ! the earlier you get started the better.! When my ds had it the doc gave us an oral nystain . It can get nasty!
blueyed_boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:21 PM   #18
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Yes it really looks like it!

Cute babe though!
Old 01-06-2007, 08:58 PM   #19
apetelo
Registered Users

Sure is, not fun. We've been battling thrush with my 5mos. off/on since she was about 3 weeks. I have not treated myself at all, since I have not had any symptoms. We tried a couple of treatments, including GV, which worked great while on it, but as soon as we stopped the thrush came back. We've decided to stop treating, ok'd by the pedi, and just let it run it's course. It went away a couple of weeks ago, and then she got a cold, now it's back, mild though.
It's worth giving GV a try, if it works for you great!!
Good luck
apetelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:05 PM   #20
kht2006
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Get it completely gone and make sure it is gone before treating.
I got lazy treating thrush and now it is really bad...
Karen
kht2006 is offline   Reply With Quote