Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2007, 01:16 PM   #1
wagaboodleMuM
Registered Users

My Mood:
point me to big, leakproof cloth nursing pads (wahm?)

I'm lookig for some leakproof nursing pads that are bigger than 4 inches. I need them to be discreet and absorbant. Am I aiming too high? LOL! I also can't wait forever for them to be made because I will be doing some plane travel starting January 18.

I'm intrigued by the EC store pads, but I don't know how big they are.

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #2
bubby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: point me to big, leakproof cloth nursing pads (wahm?)

I got some great nursing pads from a mama here on DS. Her DS name is todzwife (if you want to pm her) and her web address is piggyprefolds.com . The site is Funny Farm Creations. She made me some hemp pads backed in wool and I have yet to leak through them. And I was previously having trouble with my hemp SB pads leaking straight through them! She can also make them in a larger size. Just give her your cup size and any specifications. She was super quick with my order! Check her out.
Loving mama to Nikki(13),Sage(9), Evan(3) and Baby #4 (due 8/13/10)
bubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:01 AM   #3
OTMOM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have yet to find cloth pads that I don't leak through with let down. I'm a huge sprayer!
But Johnson and Johnson disposables are great. Hard to find, but I can get through a day with just 1 pair.
OTMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:03 AM   #4
ShayneLeMaster
no caption needed
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTMOM View Post
I have yet to find cloth pads that I don't leak through with let down. I'm a huge sprayer!
But Johnson and Johnson disposables are great. Hard to find, but I can get through a day with just 1 pair.
I second that.. they were always in stock at our wal-mart until about a couple months ago... I DONT like the ELAN ones by evenflo.. they have that lanolin on them.. feel all greasy and to me they stink when they are wet YUCK>>> the curity ones are what I use while at home.. they work alright they are cheap but you can totally see them.. they are just flat circles..
Old 01-08-2007, 10:30 AM   #5
usandthegirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayneLeMaster View Post
I second that.. they were always in stock at our wal-mart until about a couple months ago... I DONT like the ELAN ones by evenflo.. they have that lanolin on them.. feel all greasy and to me they stink when they are wet YUCK>>> the curity ones are what I use while at home.. they work alright they are cheap but you can totally see them.. they are just flat circles..

I have not found any cloth nursing pads that don't shift, show through my clothes AND leak. They are too small too. I like Lansinoh disposable nursing pads. They last me all day and don't show through my clothes.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:34 PM   #6
Missah78
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I make some that are 5 inches in diameter...hemp fleece, hemp ft or organic cotton fleece.
You can also get them topped in silk to help sore cracked nipples!
Missah78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:38 PM   #7
Elphaba71
Registered Users
seller

Well, they're wool, not cloth, but I LOVE my large Lana wool nursing pads. My son is 11 months and I've leaked through one time that I can recall. I use the "regular" ones. They have ones called "Ekstra" that are supposed to be more leakproof than the regular ones. Mine are 7" in diameter and so discreet, I can't hardly stand anything smaller now because they show right through.

LANA - highly recommended!

Mom to Griffin - 2/5/06, and Rhiannon 12/23/07
Elphaba71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:42 PM   #8
worldsaver
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've found that I use cloth pads at home and Lansinoh disposables out and about. I could leak out a million ounces and still be dry in those. They are thin and sooo absorbent.

I also bought some LilyPadz and LOVE those, they really work! sorry, not much help in the wahm part though
worldsaver is offline   Reply With Quote