Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2006, 07:13 AM   #1
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:
HORRIBLE migraine last night, help with natural remedies!

Ok, I am prone to horrible migraines, the ones that make you out of the game for the day or longer. I spent 1/2 of my day yesterday, lying on the couch, moaning in pain and wanted to take my advil migraine so badly but didn't.

Ok, so I saw ways to keep migraines away by taking daily supplements but that wasn't going to help the very moment I was in, KWIM? I don't take prescriptions unless it's the VERY last resort and nothing natural helps and I am super desperate! So Magnesium taken daily is suppose to help so I will be starting that today. I read that ginger helps too so I drank ginger tea last night to get some sleep and I also took some valerian root to try and get some sleep. It went away 2 hours after I went to bed so I am wondering if the Valerian helps? Does anybody know?

I also had a horrible night sleeping, due to migraine for one. My boys kept getting up last night, Brian kept snoring and I had some spotting again (ever since O day) so I am so worried about miscarriage with the bleeding. I didn't eat dinner last night; I was sick from the migraine.

Oh I am a mess today. I still haven't eaten and it's after 9am and the migraine, for the most part, is gone but it's threatening to return. I am busy today with plans I cannot break. Anybody have anything I can take that will work when I get a migraine? Please!

Advertisement

Old 10-28-2006, 07:21 AM   #2
garjul
Registered Users
seller

Re: HORRIBLE migraine last night, help with natural remedies!

I feel your pain. I was on daily migraine meds (since I was 15) up until when we were TTC and it was torture, especially when I first got pregnant. I was always too scared to take any of the prescriptions given to me and instead went to a doctor who did Cranial Manipulation at my school. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but it's a natural way to try and get you through it (and possibly get rid of the migraines all together..I haven't taken a pill nor had a migraine since my second visit with him and I haven't seen him for 7 months now). If you're interested here's a website where you can find a doctor in your area http://www.cranialacademy.org/ or you can PM me if you want more info. I know you were hoping for a quick something, but honestly, I really tried all the herbs and diets and never had any luck But maybe someone else will know of something that will work for you!! I hope you feel better real soon.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:57 AM   #3
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

thank you! Anything is worth a try and better than searing pain!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:31 AM   #4
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

I also had horrible headaches and migraines in the begining of this pregnancy. They can be caused from the hormone overload. I tried to limit my caffiene intake and salt. Both were hard. I didn't take anything because I hate taking anything when expecting. I wanted to sit with my head in my hands in the dark.

I hope you get through this phase fast!!

I did use warm or cool clothes on my forehead and the back of my neck....that sometimes helped.

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:51 AM   #5
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

somebody suggested warm rice bags so I will keep one around for such occasions
Old 10-28-2006, 09:59 AM   #6
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have an aroma thingy that you can heat or keep in the freezer and it really helps if you catch it right away. If you start feeling it lay down in a dark, quiet room with a cold pack on your head. I have HORRIBLE migraines and can totally relate. My dr's office kept recommending double brewed black tea or coffee for the increase in caffiene but my neurologist said that will only cause rebound migraines later on. She said to avoid all caffeine, drink lots of water, avoid trigger foods (cheese, chocolate, MSG, nuts) and non-combo pain meds when you need to. I was on a med called Fiorinol and although it helped, my neuro said she would never give it to anyone now, it causes horrible rebound headaches and just isn't the best option.
I also purchased some Hylands Homeopathic Migraine tablets and also used the motion sickness tablets and you have to do it right away and stay on top of it, like if it says repeat every 3hrs.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:04 AM   #7
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi View Post
I also purchased some Hylands Homeopathic Migraine tablets and also used the motion sickness tablets and you have to do it right away and stay on top of it, like if it says repeat every 3hrs.

Do the homeopathic tablets help you out? I love my hylands products so this may be a really stupid question LOL But does it make a great enough impact to be worth the money spent on them?
Old 10-28-2006, 10:09 AM   #8
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't say 100% that they'll help but I've been to the point where I will buy ANYTHING that is non-narcotic to help my migraines! Relaxation, visualization, meditation... all that stuff CAN help but its not a guarantee. Its helped me in the past with other things (like a cold pack) but not as quickly and easily as popping a pill.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:26 AM   #9
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi View Post
I can't say 100% that they'll help but I've been to the point where I will buy ANYTHING that is non-narcotic to help my migraines! Relaxation, visualization, meditation... all that stuff CAN help but its not a guarantee. Its helped me in the past with other things (like a cold pack) but not as quickly and easily as popping a pill.

Well, I am going to get some of those, make a hot pack and start taking daily doses of Magnesium to avoid the migraine altogether

Thank you for you help ladies!
Old 10-28-2006, 11:24 AM   #10
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

Try drinking reversed osmosis water (which you probably do) with freshly squeezed lemon juice in it. It is imporatant to be fresh reall lemon and not the lemon juice in the can. Drink water this way whenever you need a drink.

It was suggested in my ABove Rubies magazine and after that issue many moms emailed into the site to say how well it worked. It may take a few glasses - not all at once - lol or you will have upset tummy from to much water of course. But bonus is this also helps greatly with disgestion as well. :O)

Shannon mom of 7 little ones ages 9 and under. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote