Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
ProudHooahWife
Registered Users

WOW

I haven't been on here in a little while and a whole new section appears!!!

So here is my story since you all asked...ROFLOL.

I have 3 kiddos ALL boys so far and I have breastfed them all in one way or another. My first one had a hard time latching on and it took 3 weeks to get him to latch and I just kept at it..FINALLY he did it!! WHOOHOO In the meantime I pumped pumped and pumped. I finger fed and and prayed a lot!!! He nursed till he weaned. During the pregnancy of my second one I prayed to not have the issues that I had with my first one and that this little guy would come out knowing how to latch!!! Well he did!!! He came out latched right on and stayed there till he was 18 months old. By then I was preago with baby 3 or baby 2 probably would still be nursing. When I was pregnant with baby 3 I was diagnosed with a 2 vessel cord. When DS3 was born he was VERY VERY sleepy and could go HOURS and not eat. If he did eat it was because we woke him and ticked him off till he got so mad he would then latch. When he latched he did have a good latch and we thought all would be well. He started loosing weight and kept loosing. We had his tongue clipped because he was tongue tied at almost 3 weeks and he still continued to loose weight. He ended up in childrens hospital and we found all the things he didn't have and none he did have. Finally they started doing weight checks before and after feeds and found out that he had a great latch, he could NOT transfer my milk from me to him. We did an MRI and found out he had a stroke in the womb. Thankfully I had been pumping and DS2 had a rash and I had been giving him my milk in sippys because it helped his rash. THANK goodness!!! So after learning all that about DS3 I begin to pump more....and give him my milk in a bottle. They were very encouraging of me breastfeeding and I met with OT and lactation for several months. He could never transfer my milk. Even now after all this time he is 7 months he can still latch perfectly but cannot transfer the milk. He is doing great though you would never know he was FTT he is the chubbiest baby ever!!! I am thankfully for a great milk supply, I have never had to supplement with any of my kids. SO I am now an EPer and will be until we decide to hang up the horns...lol.

Advertisement

We just PCSed from Ft Bliss TX to Ft Meade MD...sooo excited about that!!

Addicted to Piddle Poddles!!! I LOVE them!!! I really should find the wagon....someday!!!
ProudHooahWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:33 PM   #2
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: WOW

Good for you mama for sticking it out! Best of luck to ya!
Old 08-25-2009, 12:21 AM   #3
ChicanaCoqueta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: WOW

what she said
Old 08-25-2009, 01:55 AM   #4
Goinatural
Registered Users
seller