Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2007, 06:23 PM   #1
zionnecherub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone have a Phil and Teds E3 Double buggy?

If so, can you fold it with the 2 seats in it? And, how do you like it?

Advertisement

Old 01-08-2007, 06:29 PM   #2
Mom2Taylor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone have a Phil and Teds E3 Double buggy?

I have it. Actually, in that color.

I love it! LOVE IT! No, you can't fold it with the second seat attached, but it's REALLY easy to detach. Takes all of 3 seconds. Super easy to steer, both kids like riding in it. My toddler actually gets jealous of the little one because she wants to sit in the back. I love all the ways you can set up the stroller.

The only inconvenient thing is all the times you be stopped to talk about your stroller while you are using it. Seriously!
Old 01-08-2007, 06:38 PM   #3
zionnecherub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do you have any issues with kids grabbing the wheels when riding in the back seat?
Old 01-08-2007, 06:45 PM   #4
Mom2Taylor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've heard that some kids do this. I think those kids learn pretty quickly not to do it. My 6 month old can't really reach to do that yet. The few times my 2 yr old has taken a ride in the "back seat," she has not messed with the wheels.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:56 PM   #5
suzhatch1
Registered Users
seller

We have one in Charcoal What's funny, is for the first month we had it, I couldn't figure out how to take the rear seat off so when I put it in the back of our SUV, I folded it w/the toddler seat still ON! LOL! Needless to say, it didn't fold down much at all & I kept saying, "Man, there has got to be a better way." Well, yeah, LOL!! You just pop the rear seat off before you collapse the stroller & it's completely easy-peasy!

My friend's DS usually rides in the rear seat (he is 18 mo old) & yes, he has occassionally grabbed the wheels. But just for a sec & I think it has been just enough to scare him away from every doing it again.

Pro: Narrow & fits into aisles and doorways that most other double strollers can't.

Cons: Not a lot of underbasket area (particularly when the rear seat is in use - because that child's feet at gonna hang into the basket). Also, the handlebar is height adjustable only to 2 positions & it's kinda a PITA to adjust (you have to unclip the skins & completely flip the handlebar around), unlike some other stroller that adjust to various heights at the flip of a button or lever.

HTH!

And yes, like PP mentioned, we get stopped EVERYWHERE w/comments on how cool it is.