Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2007, 12:23 AM   #11
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Re: Birth tubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2MyBugs View Post
Has anyone just used their regular bathtub? I have a *LARGE* tub in my master bath. When I fill it up and sit in it, the water comes up to my breasts.

Jen
Oh yeah I have seen lots of homebirth pictures in large (like double wide) bath tubs, I think that is Ideal

Advertisement

#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:24 AM   #12
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J View Post
Yep. An unassisted one.
Wow you are braver than I am girl! Is it just going to be you and your DH or are you going to have a a female friend or like your mom there too?
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Old 01-09-2007, 04:41 AM   #13
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
Wow you are braver than I am girl! Is it just going to be you and your DH or are you going to have a a female friend or like your mom there too?
Just us. I have no female friends. Outside of here, anyway. My mom is way too freaked out by the whole thing to be there- she would stress me out and I would spend the entire time trying to comfort her. She'll come right after though, because she is my BFing expert, and I know she'll come bearing lots of good food.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:42 AM   #14
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2JJ View Post
Did all you who used one do homebirths??

I really want to use one in my labor for my next and maybe the actual birth. Only thing is no homebirths in my state with a midwife it has to be unassisted and well I just couldn't do that nor could my dh .....we don't have birth centers either .
Midwifery is also illegal in my state, but there are still lots of practicing midwives. Go to the "Finding Your Tribe" section for your state on MDC and post that you are looking for one, and I'm sure you'll be bombarded with PMs. Insurance won't cover it, obviously, but to most, its worth it. HTH!
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:04 AM   #15
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Just us. I have no female friends. Outside of here, anyway. My mom is way too freaked out by the whole thing to be there- she would stress me out and I would spend the entire time trying to comfort her. She'll come right after though, because she is my BFing expert, and I know she'll come bearing lots of good food.
LoL good food is a must! I wish you guys the best of luck with it and I can't wait to ready Henrey's birth story!
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:21 AM   #16
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Midwifery is also illegal in my state, but there are still lots of practicing midwives. Go to the "Finding Your Tribe" section for your state on MDC and post that you are looking for one, and I'm sure you'll be bombarded with PMs. Insurance won't cover it, obviously, but to most, its worth it. HTH!
That's how it is here in NC also.. We have to pay 110% everything out of pocket, it sucks and it's costing $$ but I can't be happier and I can't wait until I can give birth at home! I have been blessed to have found a great MW!

As far as those fishy pools, I was told they aren't as good as the other's but they will do. I heard they don't keep the heat as long so if you use it plan on filling it up and jumping in, and when you aren't using it to keep it covered!
Old 01-09-2007, 02:27 PM   #17
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2JJ View Post
Did all you who used one do homebirths??

I really want to use one in my labor for my next and maybe the actual birth. Only thing is no homebirths in my state with a midwife it has to be unassisted and well I just couldn't do that nor could my dh .....we don't have birth centers either .

Even if they are illegal in your state, i GUARANTEE there are some practicing underground. You can find them.
however, to talk about hospital birth, a lot ofhospitals are putting in birthing tubs to attract women. You can check with your local options to see if they are an option.
OR, what a friend of mine did here...she was fairly crunchy, natural-childbirth, but was, like you, just not quite comfortable with the idea of a homebirth, and the hospital she wanted to use did not have tubs, so she got the hospital and her OB's permission to BRING HER OWN TUB to the hospital!!! You might check into that!!!
bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:01 AM   #18
marisal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't realize that midwifes were illegal in the states. Amazing. There will be no homebirth here, but hopefully a tub...
marisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:44 AM   #19
~Stephanie~
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2MyBugs View Post
Has anyone just used their regular bathtub? I have a *LARGE* tub in my master bath. When I fill it up and sit in it, the water comes up to my breasts.

Jen

That's what we will be using. My midwife said it should work perfectly. Ours is nice because it has jets too. She just said to clean it out really well and disinfect it before using it for birth.
Mommy to Cameron (8) Isabel (6) Parker (4) and Wyatt just turned 1! Expecting baby #5 on October 17th, 2008.
~Stephanie~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:10 PM   #20
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandjess99 View Post
Even if they are illegal in your state, i GUARANTEE there are some practicing underground. You can find them.
however, to talk about hospital birth, a lot ofhospitals are putting in birthing tubs to attract women. You can check with your local options to see if they are an option.
OR, what a friend of mine did here...she was fairly crunchy, natural-childbirth, but was, like you, just not quite comfortable with the idea of a homebirth, and the hospital she wanted to use did not have tubs, so she got the hospital and her OB's permission to BRING HER OWN TUB to the hospital!!! You might check into that!!!
I posted on MDC and sure enough am hooked up with a Nebraska homebirth yahoo group and there are "underground" midwifes around. I am just torn on this....some parts scare me but I haven't researched much and read much and I need to and I am not even preggo yet so I have some time .

I will remember that idea of bringing my own brith tub to the hospital too.....I really think I maybe want to do a homebirth but dh is really freaked out, so we will see.

Thanks for the other info girls!

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote