Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I love that she sleeps all night but....

Okay my little one will be seven weeks tomorrow, she is EBF and is already sleeping between 6-8 hrs a night. I love the sleep but man oh man do I get sore by the time she is ready to eat, then she gets mad because I am so full I am basically drowning her!

Anyone else dealing with this?

Advertisement

Old 08-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
jbaladouni
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: I love that she sleeps all night but....

I went through the a similar thing with my daughter around that time (she's 5 mo. now). I was sore, but could deal with it. I hot shower felt good and just had to touch my breast to release some milk and relieve some of the pain. My daughter would sputter and cough sometimes, but she never got really upset. We just pushed on through and my milk supply adjusted to her needs pretty quickly. Some of the moms I know, hand expressed or pumped to save the milk and relieve some pressure. I assume it would make it easier for your little one if you pumped some. Also, she may just get used to it... the other day my DD pulled back from the breast to catch her breath and put her hand on my breast, squirting herself in the face with breastmilk. She just laughed and looked up at me!
jbaladouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:25 PM   #3
MommaRhi
Registered Users
Co-Op Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

IMO I wouldnt let her go that long. She's still so little yet. Sometimes because they are so little, they would rather sleep. I wake my baby if she goes longer than 3 hrs.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:33 PM   #4
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

I had the same issue. If he went an extra long stretch I would leak all over myself. Still do every once in a while in the middle of the night. I'm a night owl too, staying up until 1am at the earliest every night. So I know it when it happens. He also coughed and drooled a lot Didn't really get too mad though. I agree with PP's suggestion to express some of it, either by pumping or by hand.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:54 PM   #5
Bee Green Naturals
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I'd also express just so your not so full for baby and also so you don't mess up your supply.

With DS2 he started sleeping long stretches like that around the same time as yours and my supply did start to mess up a tad. Not a whole lot but there was a difference I noticed after 4-5 days.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:08 PM   #6
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS started sleepin 6-8 hours at night at about 5 weeks the first week I was pretty sore but my body adjusted. I am still pretty full in the morning, but not usually sore. DS also eats for about 1 1/2 hours prior to going to bed so I do not worry about him being hungry. Also at 10 weeks he weighed 13lb 9oz.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:01 AM   #7
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DS1 did that at about the same age. I have a PISA so I would just pump in the morning while he ate, because he could not empty one breast let alone both of them. It made it where I could go to the store and leave him with DH and not have a totally panicked DH while I was gone.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:38 AM   #8
doxie mom
Registered Users

You'll regulate eventually. I'm even able to sleep on my stomach now at 5 months! Yay! Don't wake the baby. Enjoy it!
doxie mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #9
eclipchic
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've just ran into this same problem myself (DS started sleeping through the night just about a week ago) and I'm pumping about 4.5 oz before I feed my son in the morning. The only thing I'm not so sure about is if he gets fattier milk as a result because everything I'm pumping looks very thin.
Melody, wife to Neil (6-23-01), mom to my baby boy Maylon (5-5-09) and 4 angels. BF, CD, BW, gardening, recycling, baking, learning to sew, bartering and even a little cheesemaking...loving the small victories of everyday life
http://melody-learningonthejob.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/me...elury?ref=name
eclipchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #10
teenbean31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I woke my dd & my ds up in the beginning to nurse. I had to b/c they weren't gaining weight & I was told not to let them sleep that long but every situation is different.

Good luck to you.