Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2009, 05:06 PM   #11
cheerrabbit
Registered Users
seller

Re: Her baby died in the car today

Sending thoughts and prayers--this is an awful situation for anyone and everyone involved.

Advertisement

cheerrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:12 PM   #12
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh my, prayers definitely. That's such a tragic thing & unfortunately it's one of those "not me" type things...I'm sure she's beating herself up, she doesn't need ANYONE else to do it as well. Any news on whether they're going to press charges/try to prosecute her? I surely hope not.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #13
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:21 PM   #14
shweebies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie View Post
Oh my, prayers definitely. That's such a tragic thing & unfortunately it's one of those "not me" type things...I'm sure she's beating herself up, she doesn't need ANYONE else to do it as well. Any news on whether they're going to press charges/try to prosecute her? I surely hope not.
They said that pressing charges hasn't been determined yet. I hope not. The punishment she is giving herself right now and what she will live with for the rest of her life is more than any court charges could do to her. I haven't watched the news because I couldn't bear hearing a monotone news anchor speak about it. I am about to drive over to the parking lot of the school and drop some flowers and a note. I am finally not hysterical anymore - so I feel like I can drive over there. When I heard about it, all I wanted to do was race home so I could hold my 5 month old son in my arms. It really makes you realize to slow down and not let the clock run your life. The news article says that she got to work after 8am - so she was late to work and you know she was rushing. What a horrible day for her and our community. AsI said earlier, I didn't know her, but I know a lot of people who do and they have nothing but good things to say about her.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:29 PM   #15
cupcakesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The vice principal at a school I worked at in Ohio had this happen to her as well. (you might have seen her on Oprah)

It is my absolute worst fear, living in the desert and I start school at 7am so I am often tired, or thinking about parent meeting or lessons.

I can't imagine how that mommy must feel. It could have easily been anyone of us.
#2 surprise due in Nov 2014
cupcakesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:12 PM   #16
momtoamiracle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

that poor mam. They most likely will not press charges. This just happened a few weeks ago in our area. The mama was not prosecuted, it was ruled an accident.

I honestly hold the daycare to some responsibility. I think if a baby is not dropped off, with no warning, then they should call the mama within thirty minutes of the drop off time to see what is going on. Who knows what could have happened? I babysat all summer. I can't imagine just blowing it off if their mama didn't bring them to my house. I would be calling to make sure everything is ok.

But evidently daycare centers don't think that way...

poor poor mama. She'll never get over this. Can you imagine?
Old 08-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #17
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I would definitely call one of my daycare parents if a child did not show up. However, we run a small daycare and that is one of the benefits of a small place...workers know all about you and your child and your schedule. Perhaps she was working with a large daycare that does not have this as part of the policy. The baby's life would have been saved if someone had noticed......

What an awful tragedy for this mama. Makes me sick to think of her heartbreak and the hurting hearts of all those that love this mama and her baby girl. Will be praying for her.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #18
shweebies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I doubt they will press charges. I would be outraged if they did. It is totally an accident and I think people in the community will feel the same way.

I felt the same way about the day care. If I ran the day care I would feel terrible for not contacting the family to see what was up since the baby didn't get dropped off. I think that should be protocol.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:38 AM   #19
xkels81
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Big prayers her way!!
xkels81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:08 AM   #20
Lactationmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh Dear Lord....that is my worst nightmare...seriously I have had night terrors thinking I forgot my toddler before in the car....how easily this can happen. Oh what a sad tragedy for all involved, ugg it just makes me sick for that poor baby and poor family. Thank you for posting, hopefully it will save someones child! My thoughts and prayers will be with this family for some time.