Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2007, 06:36 PM   #1
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
twin ??

ok i dont have twins but i just started watching a 3 month old and have some??s....how do you wear 2 infants...one who has no neck muscle control and the other that has to be w/in reach of boobie at all times? how do i simultaneously bf one and bottlefeed the other(bm i wish the ama would let me bf her....)?

and totally OT-kindof-at what age are babies supposed to hold their heads up?? dd has done it since day 1 but baby girl cant at all even when sitting in a swing/bouncy seat her head flopps all the way to the side i thought her head would fall off

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:53 PM   #2
geez0pete
Registered Users
Formerly: sm***ff

My Mood:
Re: twin ??

You can actually purchase baby carriers for multiples, although they can be pricey. I just did a google search and came up with a bunch of hits. I actually tried one (Maximom, I think) but it was too bulky and fell off my shoulders. Are they still small enough to fit in a sling together? Or maybe one in a carrier/sling and just hold the other? Can't help with the head control, though, as my kids always held theirs up from day one, too.

geez0pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:55 PM   #3
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbaliff View Post
You can actually purchase baby carriers for multiples, although they can be pricey. I just did a google search and came up with a bunch of hits. I actually tried one (Maximom, I think) but it was too bulky and fell off my shoulders. Are they still small enough to fit in a sling together? Or maybe one in a carrier/sling and just hold the other? Can't help with the head control, though, as my kids always held theirs up from day one, too.
the only sling i have dd will barely fit in any more...i normally use my mt but i have aa 2yo and 3 yo to watch too...
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:56 PM   #4
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There is a carrier called a slingset that is actually 2 slings that can be worn together for one baby with more support, or separately, I believe. You could check at the babywearer.

I was a nanny for another little girl when my dd was an infant. They were 9 months apart. I didn't know much about babywearing then, so I usually wore one and put the other in a stroller for walks. YOu could probably nurse one and bottle feed the other if you get creative with pillows. or maybe get one of those things that prop a bottle up for the baby who can't hold it - don't know what they're called.

Most babies can hold their heads up pretty well by 3-4 months. My dd just turned 4 months and she's been able to hold it steady for awhile when being held on someone's shoulder, but now she's getting pretty good at holding it up when she's on her tummy, too. Every baby is different, though. Not sure when you should worry about her not being able to hold it up.
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:54 PM   #5
debbidala
Registered Users
seller

I usually sling one baby and just carry the other one in my arms for short distances (from the car to the store, from the house to the car, etc). If I'm going to be walking out of the house w/them, I put one in a sling and one in a single stroller, or both in a twin stroller (or I bring a friend and we each sling one lol). In the house, if I need hands free, I rotate them among jumperoo, bumbo, and floor w/blanket or playmat.

I ebf both babies but I usually just feed them one at a time, because they distract each other something awful. No real help there, sorry!

My boy twin didn't hold his head up well until nearly 4 months - I think there's a pretty big range of "normal" on that one.

Hope this helps! I bet you get used to handling 2 at once in no time!
Old 01-10-2007, 02:23 PM   #6
kquigs
Registered Users

I would wear my my dd and carry my son for short walks too. In the house I would wear my dd and put my ds in umbrella stroller. After a while the combine weight was to much on my body.
I also ebf with double blessings nusing pillow. At www.doubleblessings.com(cheaper on ebay). A couple of times when I had to leave my dh would feed them with bottles in their car seats.