Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2009, 02:38 PM   #11
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Water birth question

i had a water birth with my last ds and it was really awesome. the water was very comforting and made it much easier to deal with the contractions - especially at the end when they are hardest. also it was nice to have the baby born in the water. he was cleaner and the water contained all the mess.

Advertisement

Old 08-31-2009, 02:43 PM   #12
tig3rlily
Registered Users
seller

I would highly recommend acupuncture to induce labor before going w/ herbs. It has no neg.ide effects and works VERY well.
tig3rlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:49 PM   #13
corey0902
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a hospital birth with my first and a home waterbirth with my second. I will never go to the hospital again and all my future children will be born in water. My baby was OP and without the water I am sure I would have never been able to sit on my bottom again. It was also the easiest recovery despite her getting stuck (shoulder dystocia). My midwife was so calm about the whole process that no one but her and I knew the baby was stuck. (I use to be a L&D nurse so I knew what was going on). My dd was so calm when she was born and BF right away. She was awake for hours after the delivery. Bleeding was minimal and clean up was a breeze. HTH!
Old 08-31-2009, 02:56 PM   #14
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've had both, but one was in a hospital. I think they both had their strong points. I liked being able to move about easier in the waterbirth. I reverted to the on your back position when I had DS2 at the hospita.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:07 PM   #15
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

I always said that if we were meant to give birth in water we would be fish. Then for some reason I decided to have a water birth for my last baby. I'll be buying another pool for this birth....

Waterbirth is better IMO!
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:01 PM   #16
cali4niachef
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wink Re: Water birth question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Sunflower~*~ View Post
I always said that if we were meant to give birth in water we would be fish. Then for some reason I decided to have a water birth for my last baby. I'll be buying another pool for this birth....

Waterbirth is better IMO!
LOL So obvioiusly having had a waterbirth you don't think we are meant to be fish now
EUPHORICBIRTH.COM
cali4niachef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:51 PM   #17
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali4niachef View Post
I'm sorry but I have to chime in here about "natural inductions" using herbal tinctures.

I pressume she using B&B cohosh. It is known for causing a drop in maternal BP and increase in FHT's.

I just attended a birth (HBAC) where the MW induced labor with an herbal tincture. It ended in a transfer and repeat c/s under general anest. :O( I'm beyond convinced that the "natural induction" lead to the section that could've been prevented.

Does she have to induce merely because you are 42wks? Does her backup dictate this? I would find out how often she induces with tinctures and out of those herbal inductions what the outcome is.

I don't want to rain on your parade, honest. I just want to caution you about herbs used to induce labor. Just because they are natural doesn't mean it's safe.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for your input.
I am not 42 weeks, I am actually about 14 1/2. This was another woman. I'll definately talk to her about her herbal concotion and ask her what's in it, and the risks.. .etc... I just remember Pitocin and I DO NOT want to go down that road again!

Thanks again!
God bless,
Michelle

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:52 PM   #18
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tig3rlily View Post
I would highly recommend acupuncture to induce labor before going w/ herbs. It has no neg.ide effects and works VERY well.
Thanks! I'll DEFINATELY remember that one when I get close to my due date!
God bless,
Michelle

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:53 PM   #19
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks so much ladies! I really appreciate all of the feedback, and the avice. Espcially about herbal tinctures and accupuncture!

God bless,
Michelle

Old 08-31-2009, 10:57 PM   #20
erin_brycesmom
Registered Users
seller

I liked waterbirth better than dry birth. I also like letting my babies come on their own without any induction including "natural" induction. All of mine have been past due, lol.