Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
Emma
Registered Users
seller

Lincoln, NE moms - which hospital?

Which hospital would you recommend for giving birth? St. Elizabeth or Bryan? I've heard good and bad about both, and b/c I had such a good experience w/Ivy in NJ, I'm scared this time won't be comparable. We are closer to Bryan - it would take us 12 min vs 25 min for St. E. I have some time until #2 gets here, but what were your experiences? Esp w/Bryan's remodel?

Advertisement

Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #2
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Lincoln, NE moms - which hospital?

Who are you seeing for your care?? If you are looking I LOVE the midwives at Heart and Hands Womancare. If you are looking for a doula I have a good friend doing her training and taking some clients at no cost, she was at my birth with my dd and was wonderful!

I had two waterbirths and had a wonderful experience each time....St.E's is the only hospital in NE where you can have waterbirths. Not sure if you are looking for a natural birth, but St. E's nurses are definitely best for that and more accepting of doulas/midwives. Of course if that isn't an issue I have heard wonderful things about Bryan. My best friend had a vbac (yay!) there and her nurses were fabulous and she was very happy with her stay...that was just a few months ago.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
Emma
Registered Users
seller

I see Dr. Sheri Heir-Duffin - OB. I really like her and she seems very progressive in her views. I'm not sure how I feel about doulas b/c I had a bad experience w/one when I was pregnant w/Ivy.

I'm planning on having as natural of a childbirth as I am able to. It's just hard b/c last time, there was only one hospital. I had no choice (I lucked out, thankfully). I need to preregister, but I don't know which one. I'm only 9 wks, and that seems too early to tour the hospitals. I just don't know which one. If I go by distance, Bryan would be best b/c it would take half the time to get there.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #4
mrs.michaelhill
Registered Users

I personally haven't had a baby there at either one. I was present for two of my mom's births at St. E's, one of which was a water birth. Of all the people that I know, they all have their babies there and I have never heard anything bad about them. If we ever move back up there, I would never even think twice -- I would go straight to St. E's.
mrs.michaelhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
mom2cpc
Registered Users

I had all 3 of my babies at St. E's and loved it! I have had friends that had babies at Bryan and only 1 had a complaint. I never had a nurse on either side that I didn't love. I had 2 vacuum births and my third was delivered by nurses b/c she came fast and the dr. didn't make it in time! They did wonderful in that situation and they treat you like royalty afterwords, and will get you/offer you anything you might need or want! I am about 20 min from both hospitals but had no problem getting there and check in is easy. St. E's will also let you preregister after you tour so the paperwork is pretty much done when you are actually in labor!! Hope that helps!!
mom2cpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
Emma
Registered Users
seller

It does, thank you! My doula recommended St. E's vs Bryan b/c of epidural rates. St. E's is a bit further, but from what she says it seems to fit w/my idea of how birth should go. When should I call to pre-register?
Old 12-09-2009, 07:14 AM   #7
momma23
Registered Users

Hi! I work at St. E's...so I'm a little partial To preregister, you could either call the telephone line to care (just look up St.E's in the phone book) or your doc should give you a packet of info and paperwork when you tell her where you want to deliver (I assume Bryan has the same type of thing??) Either hospital, I think Lincoln is a great place to deliver! I was recently at a breastfeeding conference and they were talking about epidural rates, breastfeeding rates, etc and Lincoln is doing great!!!! I want to say that about 90% of our mommas (at least at St.E's-I'm sure Bryan is the same) start off nursing their babies! Hope that helps!!!
momma23 is offline   Reply With Quote