Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2007, 08:46 PM   #1
dreamtiger
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
bfing moms, do you ever get tired of it?

I have an almost 5 month old, and she EBFs, and she wants to eat every 1.5 to 2 hrs, sometimes every hour in the evening, plus she takes her time (15-45 mins. at a time).

Before, it wasn't too bad because she's a quiet baby, I'd just wear her in a sling while nursing, she'd eat and fall asleep, then wake up eat and fall asleep, etc.

Now, she's more vocal, rambunctious...she'll eat, want to get up and play, then yells progressively louder and louder if she doesn't get to my breast right away, etc. It's hard to go places now because she's always "on me" and vocal & grouchy if she doesn't get it right away.

I am DYING to start solids... even though I know I should wait for her cues to start instead of forcing it... so I haven't but I'm so tempted, I already have 4 boxes of rice cereal waiting

sorry for the novel, any moms have advice for me? TIA!

Advertisement

Last edited by dreamtiger; 01-11-2007 at 08:47 PM.
dreamtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:49 PM   #2
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:
Re: bfing moms, do you ever get tired of it?

Yeah, I'm pretty much constantly feeding one. But HEY, good reason to sit on DS, LOL.
It's just a PITA when I actually want to get something done. lleyes2:
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:00 PM   #3
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nope, I love it! I have had 1 or 2 babies on me for almost 3 years. DS nursed every hour until he was 18months old (still nurses too many times a day to count) & DD nurses every 2 hours still. I like the bonding time.

Good luck!!!!!
Old 01-11-2007, 09:02 PM   #4
dreamtiger
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks mamas!
first off, knowing I'm NOT ALONE in this helps me a ton, and that it's "normal" helps me too. Strangely if I know other moms have done it and loved it, it enables me so much --- ty!

and yes i def can thank DD's love of BM for my addiction to DS - hehe!
Old 01-11-2007, 09:09 PM   #5
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Everyone has those days when they have been touched too much
Old 01-11-2007, 10:30 PM   #6
laneylue+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Honestly, I never liked breastfeeding. I didn't care for it with DD and I don't care for it with DS. I am so not a touchy-feely person and I am burned out every night. Plus it's harder this time because now I have a toddler to take care of as well as an infant. I always feel like I'm neglecting one or the other. And to make it even more difficult, DS has reflux with a sensitivity to dairy so he's fussy and in pain most of his waking hours which after a while wears me down and makes me feel like I am inadequate because my milk is hurting him, even though I have eliminated dairy from my diet.

But, I do it because it's my job. It's just not a job I love.

Hang in there, mama.
laneylue+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:53 PM   #7
ttmontes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nooooo waaay I love my booby baby so much. Breastfeeding is the most comforting relaxing feeling I sure will miss it when its over I know Ill cry my eyes out. Shes 81/2 months now I hope to do it for another year or so. I love my dd and breastfeeding makes me feel so close to her.
ttmontes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:16 PM   #8
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

I have felt that way! Honestly what makes me realize how great I really do have it BFing is making a bottle (of BM) and trying to feed him it. I hate making bottles even more! Plus Ds won't take them so sorts defeats the purpose. LOL
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:20 PM   #9
dreamtiger
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks mandy...it's good to hear from the "other side" too -- though it's good to hear everyone.
i think maybe I'm a not so touchy feely person too. Although there are times i LOOOOOVE it, especially while she's feeding and she looks up at me with those big eyes, and gives me a little smile .... oh I really melt then!

But my babe also fusses at the breast which reduces the pleasure greatly, she'll cry, come off the nipple (I still use a nipple shield and think I'll be stuck with it until she weans) and then I'll have to stick it back in for her, and sometimes she'll even arch her back so that I have to bounce her on the exercise ball while feeding her. This is mostly in the evenings.

I'm gonna talk to my lactation consultant tomorrow (she's like my friend now haha!) but I love hearing other mom's stories -- whether you love it, hate it, or are in between.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:22 PM   #10
dreamtiger
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leininger27 View Post
I have felt that way! Honestly what makes me realize how great I really do have it BFing is making a bottle (of BM) and trying to feed him it. I hate making bottles even more! Plus Ds won't take them so sorts defeats the purpose. LOL
oh yeah, I totally hear ya! I hate doing the bottle thing cuz I'm so lazy, don't wanna pump, or store my milk, or wash bottles, etc. etc. breast definitely is the easiest