Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
soon2B5
Registered Users

My Mood:
Any c-section tips???

Hey ladies! We are expected our third baby in December. We are having a scheduled c-section because my previous two babies were c-section babies. I'd LOVE to vbac but it's not offered in our area. Anyway, I've been through this procedure and recovery a couple times now, but would like to know if any of you have learned some tricks or tips from your c-section experiences. This will most likely be our last baby and I would like this experience to be unforgettable. Any ideas or words of wisdom would be appreciated. THANKS!

Advertisement

soon2B5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
EmsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any c-section tips???

I really think taking it easy and avoiding stairs really helps. With our first I was going and going all the time and we lived in an upstairs apt. With our second I relaxed a lot and didn't need stairs and seriously had the easiest recovery. I didn't need the pain killers at all and was not in a whole lot of pain. So if possible with two other kids, I suggest resting
Old 08-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
dornmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

An article about planning a family centered cesarean.

http://www.ican-online.org/pregnancy...tered-cesarean
Terra, wife to James (10.16.05), mama to Sasha (born via c/s 8.4.06), my sweet angel boy in heaven Glenn (born still on 5.2.08 my VBAC angel), George (born via VBAC on 11.17.09), June 2011 and September 2011 .
dornmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:27 AM   #4
soon2B5
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks mamas! Is there anything you wish you would have packed or brought along to the hospital?
soon2B5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:38 AM   #5
girlys mama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2B5 View Post
Thanks mamas! Is there anything you wish you would have packed or brought along to the hospital?
This LO is also my 3rd c-section and this time I will bring my pillow, nursing nighties, and more entertainment (after a couple days the tv just doesn't do it for me, lol)
girlys mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:09 AM   #6
radmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I posted this in the July '09 due date forum, but here's some ideas for you:
I came across a 'birth plan' for people who know they are going to have a c/s but would like their experience to be more involved.

I thought I'd share these ideas with you in case it helps your birth experience feel more like a birth and not an operation.

These are not my own ideas, but I have used many of these ideas and incorporated it into my own plan and discussed it with my ob. I even made an organic hemp blanket for the baby to be wrapped in.......

Here you go:

• I want to have music playing in the theatre when my baby is born. (This can also be calming for you).
• Please shield our baby's eyes from bright lights when s/he is delivered.
• I would like my baby to be received into a special blanket that we will provide.
• I want my baby to be born slowly and gently, and then placed straight on my chest.
• I want my partner to cut the baby's cord.
• Do not clamp my baby's cord immediately. I’d like to wait for the cord to stop pulsating before it is cut.
• I want to be kept informed about what is happening to me during the caesarean OR Please distract me with conversation during the operation.
• I want to find out the sex of the baby myself; please do not announce it.
• Please drop the screen when my baby is being born so I can see.
• I would like the staff to be quiet and respectful when my baby is born.
• I would like to have skin to skin contact with my baby.
• I would like the birth to be videotaped / photographed.
• I want my baby's health checks to be conducted within my full view.
• I want to see my placenta.
• I would like to breastfeed my baby in theatre.
• I would like my baby to come with me to recovery. I do not wish to be separated from my baby.

GL mama!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:15 AM   #7
ChunkiBunz Diaperz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by radmamma View Post
I posted this in the July '09 due date forum, but here's some ideas for you:
I came across a 'birth plan' for people who know they are going to have a c/s but would like their experience to be more involved.

I thought I'd share these ideas with you in case it helps your birth experience feel more like a birth and not an operation.

These are not my own ideas, but I have used many of these ideas and incorporated it into my own plan and discussed it with my ob. I even made an organic hemp blanket for the baby to be wrapped in.......

Here you go:

I want to have music playing in the theatre when my baby is born. (This can also be calming for you).
Please shield our baby's eyes from bright lights when s/he is delivered.
I would like my baby to be received into a special blanket that we will provide.
I want my baby to be born slowly and gently, and then placed straight on my chest.
I want my partner to cut the baby's cord.
Do not clamp my baby's cord immediately. Id like to wait for the cord to stop pulsating before it is cut.
I want to be kept informed about what is happening to me during the caesarean OR Please distract me with conversation during the operation.
I want to find out the sex of the baby myself; please do not announce it.
Please drop the screen when my baby is being born so I can see.
I would like the staff to be quiet and respectful when my baby is born.
I would like to have skin to skin contact with my baby.
I would like the birth to be videotaped / photographed.
I want my baby's health checks to be conducted within my full view.
I want to see my placenta.
I would like to breastfeed my baby in theatre.
I would like my baby to come with me to recovery. I do not wish to be separated from my baby.

GL mama!
This is soo great, I wish I could have be able to have this! Sorry for hijacking but I missed all that. For my last one they put me to sleep because of a blood clot and my lovenox.
I have 3 boys and all were csection, my last one was cut up and down instead of side to side. I would def recommend if your side to side using a belly band. i didnt need one as much for my last as i did my first two.

hth

Check out River City Boutique -Blog & HC You can Fan me at the bottom of my HC
NWI Natural Family Living Fair 8-2010-Blog & Fan Page more info to come
[/FONT]
ChunkiBunz Diaperz is offline   Reply With Quote