Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2010, 07:37 PM   #101
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Placenta Encapsulation

I'm about to do this on Thursday! I got size 0 capsules, not sure what the difference is but that is what they had. I don't have a capsule filler so I think it might take a while to fill them by hand, but I don't think I can find a filler in time for Thursday.

I'd also love to hear about this tincture for the baby! Are there instructions on how to make that, dosage, etc?

Advertisement

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #102
1blessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydiamom View Post
I'm about to do this on Thursday! I got size 0 capsules, not sure what the difference is but that is what they had. I don't have a capsule filler so I think it might take a while to fill them by hand, but I don't think I can find a filler in time for Thursday.

I'd also love to hear about this tincture for the baby! Are there instructions on how to make that, dosage, etc?
I filled all mine by hand (with a straw) and I didn't think it took very long.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:31 PM   #103
panda13
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blessedmama View Post
I used size 00 and got about 135 capsules, I think? I won't steam again this time, but when I did last time I followed the instructions for steaming time on a blog...it wasn't long though. You don't HAVE to steam it so it wouldn't be a big deal if you didn't do it for long. I dehydrated it in my oven and it was about 4.5 hours (I think) for it to be dry enough to "snap" which meant it was done.
I think I saw that the steaming was part of the traditional Chinese Medicine preparation - some even steam it with herbs or lemons, jalapenos, etc. I'm starting to think that not steaming it would make more sense if you're trying to retain all the good stuff - hormones and the like. But I don't know.

It's starting to look like the size capsules are not all that different. I've found a few capsule fillers that come with some capsules included - I'll probably just buy whatever's cheapest!
Old 01-10-2010, 01:33 PM   #104
panda13
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorishamerican68 View Post
Good for you mama! I did mine also. Didn't have a dehydrator so i used my oven. I also made a placenta tincture from it for my baby which is similar to a homeopathic constitutional remedy but with his DNA blueprint on it. This tincture will last him his entire lifetime and can be used during illness, emotional/mental stress, etc. Amazing stuff indeed!!
How did you make the tincture? Did you use alcohol or water? And how many times did you dilute it? I'd love to know more about this!
Old 01-10-2010, 02:52 PM   #105
cinderella08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'll be encapsulating mine this go around
Expecting Oakley Lennon in March 2015!
cinderella08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:33 PM   #106
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorishamerican68 View Post
Good for you mama! I did mine also. Didn't have a dehydrator so i used my oven. I also made a placenta tincture from it for my baby which is similar to a homeopathic constitutional remedy but with his DNA blueprint on it. This tincture will last him his entire lifetime and can be used during illness, emotional/mental stress, etc. Amazing stuff indeed!!
i would also like to hear more about this; or a web-site.
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:05 PM   #107
babiesrgifts
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hmm, I'm curious about this... I will admit, I am pretty skeptic, though, what is this based on? I understand how traditional wisdom and watching nature could be enough for many, but does anyone know if there are any scientifically based studies that support this? Could this just have a placebo effect that leads to positive anecdotal experiences? I must admit I liked seeing the pix to satisfy my curiosity of how this is done, and to help see the process better, though I didn't see the pix that were removed.
+ Code for Diapers.com: deal10off Get $10 off 1st purch of $49+ free ship!
babiesrgifts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:06 AM   #108
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

first reaction - what?! That is gross! Eww! This coming from someone who has a hard time standing the site of raw meat in general. I could easily be a vegetarian.

After reading all the pages - Hmm... Interesting... I'm curious now. I *might* be able to do the capsule thing, but there is no way I am doing the raw thing. I wouldn't be able to stomach that.
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #109
malaynasmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to say thank you for this post. After reading it I was inspired to encapsulate my placenta. DH started the process for me the day after our son was born. I am now a little over two weeks postpartum and the recovery has been amazing. Thanks again
Old 01-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #110
malaynasmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragsdale View Post
i would also like to hear more about this; or a web-site.

Making Placenta Tincture (Essence)

Another method of using your placenta is to make a Placenta Tincture (also called Essence). This can be very helpful for postpartum depression, or anytime you need a little hormonal help.

1 40 Ounce Bottle of 80-100 Proof Vodka
1 Quart-Sized Mason Jar (You can use a larger jar if needed.)

The size of the jar will depend on how much tincture you want to make. Take your placenta after the birth, while it is still fresh, and put a fair sized piece of it in the jar you are going to use. If using the large pickling jar size, you can put the whole placenta inside it. Whatever size you use, cover the piece of placenta completely with distilled water. When I Have made herbal tinctures, I have used good quality bottled spring water when I can't find distilled water.

Place the jar in the sunlight or in a well-lit room for about 4 hours. Once done, take the piece of placenta out and add enough vodka so that its 50% vodka and 50% placenta water.

Keep it this way to preserve it, it will last the rest of your life. The instructions didn't say anything about storing the placenta water-alcohol mixture, but I would probably want to make sure it is kept in a well sealed jar and in the refrigerator where it can stay cool.

Now, to put it in usable form, get a small bottle with a dropper top. Put 50% regular water and 50% vodka in the bottle, then add 7 to 10 drops of the placenta water to the bottle.

This seems like a very small amount, but it has been said that it works through the energy of the placenta water and the vibrational properties of it. Many women that have had postpartum depression swear by it.

If you want the placenta water to be stronger and more the color of strong tea, use a larger piece of placenta in a smaller bottle.

It is important that this is done when the placenta is strong and very new, so if you don't feel like doing it yourself while hubby holds the baby, you may need someone else to do this for you. Your may ask your midwife to do this for you if she is willing.

I have been told that it doesn't matter how much placenta you use as long as you follow the instructions well and it is completely submerged in the water.
http://www.moondragon.org/parenting/...alrituals.html