Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #111
kidpsych2be
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Placenta Encapsulation

My home birth midwife does it. Just confirmed with her today so heck yeah, bring on the placenta!

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #112
moorishamerican68
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidpsych2be View Post

My home birth midwife does it. Just confirmed with her today so heck yeah, bring on the placenta!
Natural Birthing, Non-Vaxing, Co-sleeping, Free-thinking, WAP/NT loving, holistic minded wife to my hero Nanya (1/00) and Mami to my sunshine Mikaelah Arielle (12/11/07) and my in tact prince Malakai Ali (12/5/09)
moorishamerican68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:05 PM   #113
I Dream of Cloth
Registered Users
seller

I'm so happy for this thread! My husband and I found out about the benefits of ingesting the placenta a couple months ago and we've planned on doing this time around. He said he'd do it and I found a kit at No Sugar Added for just $25!! Do you know when it is best to start? I assume ASAP after birth?

http://www.nosugaraddedshop.com/stor...ying_Kit&s=137

By the way, I'd like to say THANK YOU for posting pictures because I haven't ever seen it done, only read about it, and I was having a hard time visualizing the process involved. I suppose when I was a teenager, a photo of a placenta would have sent me running for the hills (or maybe the toilet!). However we had my daughter, both my husband and I were AMAZED as we looked at the placenta. The midwife showed us the parts of it and explained what you can tell from it. This "gross" looking organ nourished my child for 9 months?? Suddenly it didn't seem gross anymore, it seemed incredible!

Mother to 4 girls : R (6yrs), H (4yrs), P (2yrs), V (born 3/29), and 2 little ones departed from this world.
I Dream of Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #114
moorishamerican68
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Dream of Cloth View Post
This "gross" looking organ nourished my child for 9 months?? Suddenly it didn't seem gross anymore, it seemed incredible!
My thoughts exactly. Maybe I am weird but my first thought was "what a beautiful specimen".
Natural Birthing, Non-Vaxing, Co-sleeping, Free-thinking, WAP/NT loving, holistic minded wife to my hero Nanya (1/00) and Mami to my sunshine Mikaelah Arielle (12/11/07) and my in tact prince Malakai Ali (12/5/09)
moorishamerican68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:15 AM   #115
lyssaa
Registered Users
seller

Id like to do it just to gross my husband out! This is cool- I didnt use mine but I did get to slime it around in my hand for a minute
lyssaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:42 AM   #116
panda13
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyssaa View Post
Id like to do it just to gross my husband out! This is cool- I didnt use mine but I did get to slime it around in my hand for a minute
This article and video is from a husband's perspective, and it made me laugh. Obviously, he's not as into it as his wife, but when you watch the video, you can see that he's at least supportive of his wife's decision. The article is pretty cynical and he makes a lot of jokes about it, but I think maybe it's a good one for men to read if they're completely turned off by the process.

I actually showed my husband the video so he could see some of the process so he's ready for it when we do it! He doesn't think it's gross at all, but I think my husband might be different than most (in a good way, of course ).
Old 01-14-2010, 07:05 AM   #117
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i'm in the process of encapsulating! right now its dehydrating in the oven.

i wish someone had warned me about the smell. steamed placenta smells pretty gross!

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:43 AM   #118
malaynasmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydiamom View Post
i'm in the process of encapsulating! right now its dehydrating in the oven.

i wish someone had warned me about the smell. steamed placenta smells pretty gross!
wait till you grind it up. that smell is even worse!
Old 01-14-2010, 08:53 AM   #119
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

can you dehydrate it too long and burn it? its really crispy and some pieces are black. is it still usable? i'm having trouble grinding it too.

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #120
malaynasmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydiamom View Post
can you dehydrate it too long and burn it? its really crispy and some pieces are black. is it still usable? i'm having trouble grinding it too.
I am not sure. mine looked kind of black too. it is very hard to grind up. I couldn't do it all at once