Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2009, 10:16 AM   #31
cali4niachef
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Placenta Encapsulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalannski View Post
Wow, 146! Is that a normal amount to expect? How are they usually taken, like how many each day and for how long?
About 125 is an average amount. A placenta normally yields 100-150.

Mom takes 2-4 capsules daily for 2-4wks, then cuts back to 1 or 2 a day or takes more if she is feeling fatigued, low supply, emotionally fragile, etc.

They are kept in the freezer indefinitely. They are really good for menopause too!

Advertisement

EUPHORICBIRTH.COM
cali4niachef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:19 AM   #32
Us4&AngelCorey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali4niachef View Post

Mom takes 2-4 capsules daily for 2-4wks, then cuts back to 1 or 2 a day or takes more if she is feeling fatigued, low supply, emotionally fragile, etc.

They are kept in the freezer indefinitely. They are really good for menopause too!
See I don't think I mind the taking pills of it but like the smoothie thing....um no thanks.

due January 26
Us4&AngelCorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:34 AM   #33
cali4niachef
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Us4&AngelCorey View Post
See I don't think I mind the taking pills of it but like the smoothie thing....um no thanks.
I dont have the desire to do a smoothie either. The only time I'm putting raw placenta in my mouth is if I'm hemmorhaging.
EUPHORICBIRTH.COM
Old 09-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #34
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
LOL, which pictures specifically don't you like? I'll remove some.
Quote:
I agree. I removed two pictures.
Thank you.
Thanks for all the info from all of your recent posts too. Sorry some of it got combined / a little confusing.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #35
cali4niachef
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by josycat View Post
Thank you.
Thanks for all the info from all of your recent posts too. Sorry some of it got combined / a little confusing.
You're Welcomed! Glad you like the posts
EUPHORICBIRTH.COM
Old 09-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #36
Kaboom
Registered Users
Formerly: ErinMartin
seller

My Mood:

Don't have the items to do this myself and it would probably be less expensive to just pay someone to do this for me than to buy them! Not to mention I'm probably going to be BEAT and not want to do it anyway... off to find someone in my area

Kaboom Pocket Pants Pattern!
Use code 'DSMAMA10' at checkout for 10% off!
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #37
crystalannski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Us4&AngelCorey View Post
Same here! I've heard the benefits are greater that way but if it's between throwing up or taking a slightly less effective pill form, I'm all for the pill!

Quote:

Great to know, thanks! I've never seen anywhere where it described how and when to take it.
crystalannski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:37 PM   #38
mengmommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I did it to with Ds2. I didn't have ppd after ds1, but I did after dd.

The prep is totally easy (although I wasn't fond of the smell, I did it while dh was at work so he didn't get to complain). I didn't have one of those pill holders either, so I filled them by hand with a straw. Just scoop a little into the bottom of the straw and drop it in the capsules. You can buy the empty capsules at a health food store for pretty cheap.

I'll definitely be doing it again next time too! I still have most of mine as I didn't really feel like I needed it that much this time around.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #39
squeejitmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I thought about doing this myself, too... but it's the same for me, I am thinking that since I don't have a dehydrator or any other supplies it will be easier and less expensive in the long run for me to pay someone to do it for me, not to mention easier on me physically and emotionally lol I'm single, not sure what kind of help I can expect from my soon-to-be-here DS's daddy (things went pretty sour between us over the past few months... very sad, but nothing I can do. Long story. *sigh.*). So even though I am counting on help from HIS mom, and from my mama and my family, too, I just don't know how tired and all I am going to be.

Quote:
I dont have the desire to do a smoothie either. The only time I'm putting raw placenta in my mouth is if I'm hemmorhaging.

Is that true, that eating it raw if you are bleeding will help stop it??

I have never heard of this, but thinking about other mammals who eat their placentas, and the fact that animals in the wild very rarely die from hemmoraghing, it does make some sense.. Hum. Where did you hear this from? I am curious to learn more.
squeejitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #40
cali4niachef
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeejitmama View Post
Is that true, that eating it raw if you are bleeding will help stop it??

I have never heard of this, but thinking about other mammals who eat their placentas, and the fact that animals in the wild very rarely die from hemmoraghing, it does make some sense.. Hum. Where did you hear this from? I am curious to learn more.
ABSOLUTELY! Your placenta is rich with oxytocin. Oxytocin serves many many purposes; initiates labor contractions, its the love hormone, oxytocin & prolaction together are the "mothering hormone" released when nursing and help with let down and it helps with hemmhoraging.

What do hospitals used when you are hemmhoraging? Pitocin. Pitocin is the *synthetic* version of oxytocin. Anything synthetic isn't as good as the original. All you need is a thumb nail size of the maternal side of the placenta and you put in in your cheek, you don't even have to chew it.

I've known this for a while simply I know the placenta is rich with oxtocin. I learned more about it in Denmark at the Midwifery Conference I attended. I took a weeks worth of workshops but specifically the ones that talked about this were Placenta Medicine taught by Cornelia Enning, author of Placenta: The Gift of Life. I also learned the first born male placenta is the most enriched. The book discusses many uses for placenta beyond encapsulation like colic, memory, facial creams, hair, nipple healing, etc. You can make a mother tincture for the placenta. Its also good for memory, diaper ointments slaves, etc. The book discusses the many uses and beliefs about placenta in different cultures.

Here are some great articles on placenta medicine:
The Bridge of Life: Options for Placentas by Kelly Graff

Placenta Medicine: My Story by Tiffany Rosenbrock

I did a workshop on PPH(postpartum hemmhorage) if you want to know about other things to do for that beyond placenta in the mouth.
EUPHORICBIRTH.COM