Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
Leviswife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Does Progesterone cause nausea?

I am on progesterone suppositories since Monday to try to help sustain a pregnancy and I am feeling a little icky. My progesterone suppositories are actually supposed to be taken by mouth, but my OB says to use them as a suppository. The list of side effects on the information says nausea is one, but I'm not sure if that applies to me since I'm not taking them orally. Anyone who has used progesterone suppositories have an idea? Is my nausea my own, or caused by the progesterone?

Advertisement

Old 09-02-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
armywife08
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does Progesterone cause nausea?

i'm sorry, i have no idea. but maybe you are nauseaous from morning sickness? when do you go back for another draw?

Our rainbow baby, James, was born 21April2011 Our survivor twin, Anya was born Dec 2012
armywife08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've used the progesterone suppositories several times. They have never cause nausea for me. It sounds like a good sign to me!!! I can't wait to hear your numbers tomorrow.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:13 PM   #4
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:

My OB said that being on progesterone would make the nausea worse, but not cause the nausea itself, if that makes sense?

I was on prescription progesterone after conceiving DD (well, started at 2 DPO with that cycle) and while the nausea started around 7 DPO (I tested + on a HPT at 10 DPO), it was never that bad and it was primarily in the afternoons anyway.

But once I stopped taking progesterone (14 weeks), it went away almost entirely (went away entirely at 16 weeks), so - I did find that it did make my symptoms worse.
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:21 PM   #5
jenvbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did notice that the suppositories I took made me a bit nauseas. It wasn't horrible and didn't last all day but was noticable.
jenvbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
HillbillyMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was on progesterone my entire pregnancy....from 5 wks (suppositories)thru the cream (wks 12-24) to injections (24-36)...the only thing I noticed about it was severe mood swings, and sleepiness...I was also told that the progesterone caused me to have cramps, but I don't think that was the culprit! I also read that it caused nausea, but I was never nauseous my entire pregnancy, so I can't agree there.
HillbillyMama is offline   Reply With Quote