Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
abbycadabby
Banned

My Mood:
Pregnancy prayer request (preeclampsia related)

Praying mamas, this is a small concern, but a very real one for our family. Please keep us in your prayers if you remember.

My first pregnancy in 2002 was preeclamptic, and we had a miserable premature delivery. I was on mag sulfate (miserable), had a catheter (miserable), was denied an epidural because of my BP, and had a pitocin induction. It was the most painful experience of my life, and it had nothing to do with the labor itself.

My second pregnancy in 2006 was pretty uncomplicated. I still had an induction, but no extreme BP or preeclampsia.

So now, we're pregnant again. We'd really love a birthing center birth (can't have a home birth for a few reasons). DH thinks its best to remain under OB care until 20 weeks until that oh-so-important ultrasound to see that the baby is perfect.

Here's the problem. Already, my practitioner is treating me as if I am sick. He has already ordered a 24 hour urine sample, NSTs, constant blood pressure checks, etc. I'm only 10 weeks along! And, might I add, healthy with normal BP at the moment!

All of the pressure and anxiety of being treated like I'm preeclamptic (I'm not yet) is getting to me. I've been in tears all night and I feel absolutely terrified. I lost 35 lbs in preparation for this pregnancy, and all I really want is a healthy, normal pregnancy.

Our choices right now are to start seeing a midwife/birthing center, or continue with a military doctor. If we switch to seeing a midwife, it could potentially mean that we would have to pay a hefty bill if I become preeclamptic and do need a hospital. If we continue with the military doctor, I'm risking my sanity!

Just a quick prayer, if you could. Thanks!

Advertisement

abbycadabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
mismaggie
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy prayer request (preeclampsia related)

Sending prayers to you mama
mismaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Sending prayers mama. I got preeclampsia really bad with my first child, right when i went into labor it started out of nowehere, it was horrible. I was told i have a 75% of getting it again with future pregnancies, well I have had 2 more kids and it has not happen again. I pray it will be the same for you and you won't have to go through it again.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #4
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

praying for you! I so wish tricare covered more midwives
Old 09-11-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
blessedmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

you're in our prayers mama, i so understand-tricare alone can make you go batty, and the military dr's i've delt with-well that's another story! hang in there sweetheart! i had pre-eclampsia and pp eclampsia. I hope all works out well, just try to take it all with a grain of salt-i know that is easier said then done. Wishing you a wonderful pregnancy and birth with awsome blood pressures!
blessedmama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sending lots of prayers your way

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote