Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Party ideas for two year old girls

A friend and I are having a double birthday party for our girls who are both turning two. There will be quite a few children there under five plus our family and friends. What would be a fun theme?

Advertisement

doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
alanapaige
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Party ideas for two year old girls

a friend of mine had a farm/cowgirl type theme for her dd's 2nd. they had a fishing game where they glued magnets to paper fish and attached a magnet to a stick. she also had a horse pinata and some big refrigerator boxes cut into a barn that the kids could go inside. it was a very cute party.
they also had pony rides but i didnt suspect a lot of people just have a pony layin around they just happen to have a farm.
alanapaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:26 PM   #3
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just went to a party for 2 little girls (sisters) - one turned 4, one turned 2. It was a ballerina party. It was so sweet! Everyone was invited to wear tutus & the hostess had a box of extras by the front door so no one had to buy one specifically for the party. They had pictures of ballerinas/ballet slippers/whatever to color, classical music for the little girls to dance to, and an older girl (11 yrs. old, maybe?) from our church who dances came & showed the little girls some moves. Then of course cupcakes! It was a fun, laid back party & I'm sure it didn't cost much.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:27 PM   #4
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

Oooh that's a great idea!

My DS is huge into Elmo so we were thinking a Sesame Street theme...

Let's see... some other ideas:

Animals
Dr Seuss
Disney Princesses
Old 09-03-2009, 07:42 PM   #5
TuthGuru
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i've posted this a couple of other times recenlty so sorry if some of you are tired of seeing it!

we did an old macdonald theme for our dd's 2nd b-day. the little people farm was one of the gifts and we decorated the cake with it. we also handmade most of the decorations too. (we turned her slides into barns and tractors with cardboard, printed out pigs on paper then glued them to cardboard and stuck them on stakes in the yard, cut out black cow spots and taped them to our white VW bus and the best part was the few bails of hay we put down in the driveway!

we served bbq and it turned out to be a great time for everyone- kids and grown ups!

we had a pinata and that was the only activity we had. the kids just ran around playing in the tents we had set up, riding the tricycles we had, getting pulled in the wagon, and sliding down the slides. they didn't even need activities at that age. they just have a great time being outside.

here's pics

TuthGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #6
doodah
Registered Users
seller

thanks ladies. I do like the ballerina party but there will be several little boys there so we are looking for an idea that would be great for both boys and girls.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #7
FallBabies
Registered Users

I just had an Olympic theme party for my twins. It was SO MUCH FUN!! The kids (all ages 2-5) had a blast. Here's a quickie breakdown:
Arrival- "check-in desk" the kids got flags to decorate (I had put computer paper on skewers w/ ends cut back, kids just had to color/do stickers while we waited for everyone to arrive.)
Opening Ceremonies- Marched into gym with olympic theme song playing in background.
Olympics- We had multiple "events" set up around the gym- bowling, ball toss, bozo buckets, "jousting" which was the pinata, gymnastics, etc. (My twins love Backyardigans, so they were the Olympic mascot and were featured at the different events.) The kids got to do all this with their parents, so there was no specific order, just basic playtime. The parents kept "score" on sheets that I had made (they just drew stars when the kids completed each event. At the bottom, they wrote something the kid did really well.)
Food- We had the 100 meter taco buffet (thanks to a DS mama for suggesting it!)
Cake- I had two; one was a Backyardigan cake, the other a sheet cake w/ Olympic rings
Final Event- The horse race- this was great. Dads got down on knees and had to crawl across the carpeted gym. The kids were the jockeys and pushed and cheered the dads along. It was so fun and so much more competitive than what I expected (typical guys.)
Closing/Awards Ceremony- During the meal I gathered the score cards from the parents, so for the awards ceremony each kid was called up and celebrated for what (s)he did well that day. We set up mats to make an awards platform, each kid came up and got a medal, stood on the platform and got his/her picture taken. I had a microphone so it seemed like a really big deal. They were SO proud of themselves.

Everyone had an absolute blast. It was perfect for the age group I had at the party. I definitely recommend it. I'm glad I didn't keep the games organized, b/c it was nice that they all got to run around and try different activities w/ their parents.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:40 PM   #8
cheeky
Registered Users

My Mood:

for one of my daughters i had a "bubble" party... it was right into summer so the weather was great and perfect to hold the attention of two year olds (and older!). it was easy, just got a few of the big containers of bubbles, a few different wands/blowers/sticks, and they loved it. i also bought several helium balloons and tied them up to the different bubble stations and it was a hit!
cheeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:23 AM   #9
cassieJJ
Registered Users

My Mood:

http://www.chiff.com/entertain/2-year-old-party.htm