Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
katielynnebloom
Registered Users
seller

Did you have some kind of "feeling" before labor?

so my official due date is in 2 days and I've been dilated to a 1, 80% effaced, with baby at a -1 station for like 3 weeks. I know those numbers don't really predict when your baby comes but I kind of thought I would've had her by now. Now I feel like she will be late. I haven't had any contractions or Braxton Hicks. My Dr. will let me go 1.5 weeks past my due date but I'm just wondering did you have some kind of "feeling" before you went into labor? Maybe I'm just in denial or it's all too surreal but I feel like it's not going to happen naturally, and I hope they don't have to induce me but I'm getting worried....

Advertisement

Old 09-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #2
jnno
Registered Users

Re: Did you have some kind of "feeling" before labor?

Nope. Went to sleep the night before my due date feeling like I was going to be pregnant forever again and was woken up the next morning by an enormous contraction signaling the start of labor.

Just relax. I know it's hard to do, but trust your body. Quit focusing on your due date - it's just an estimate. Keep in mind that AT MOST, you only have a few weeks left.
jnno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #3
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

The day of "due" was depressing. I was suuuuuuuuuuuupppperrr emotional. 20x what I had been. Felt like barfing and not wanting to eat much. Contractions started around 7pm.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #4
yaxmer
Registered Users

I was waiting for some feeling that would signal to me that it would happen soon, or that day... I waited for 12 days past my due date and then my water finally broke 8 hours before I was scheduled to be induced! No 6th sense told me when it was going to happen. I finally gave up and relaxed and it finally did!
yaxmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #5
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Never.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:29 PM   #6
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I didn't have a feeling before I went into labour with DS (he was 3 weeks early). I don't expect to have any premonition with this one either. Heck, I thought last night was the real deal (and obviously it wasn't). Labour is just one of those things you can't schedule, predict or even anticipate. You just have to relax and let nature take it's course.
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #7
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't... but DH has had a feeling the day of with both.

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:37 AM   #8
Tribro
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was extremely bi#@!y the night of. Snapped at DH, went to bed grumpy and woke up 4 hours later to my water breaking. I was having what I thought were Braxton Hicks pretty regular the night of but DH reminded me to ignore them unless they became super noticeable. Our midwives told us if we could go through the first stage of labor unaware then it was better.

Sex can help ripen your cervix, something in the semen. When you get a little closer to a potential induction, maybe a week after your due date, you could also try castor oil. An enema might do the trick as well. You should check out cal4nacheif's thread on "letting the baby decide, the case against induction". Babies will come when they are ready, not when your doctor deems them ready :-) I know it must be hard to wait but your baby is the most important thing and waiting until you go into labor naturally is probably the best thing. BTW, the castor oil and enema probably won't work if your baby is not ready to come. There is research showing that it is probably something in the baby's brain that signals the start of labor.

Good luck!
Old 09-04-2009, 10:38 PM   #9
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Noah was born on a Monday. All weekend long, I was having what I thought were Braxton Hicks. When they seemed frequent, I would time them. They would get 10 minutes apart for almost an hour, and then suddenly stop and nothing for a few hours... then they would come back, but be sporadic with no pattern.

Sunday night I couldn't get comfortable when I went to bed, but that was fairly normal for being about ready to pop.

Then on Monday at about 12:30pm, my water broke.

I had decided to use Nipple Stimulation to "help things along." I got my breast pump out (single electric) and tried this trick... pumped one breast for 5 minutes, then the other for 5 minutes, then wait an hour and repeat. .... only for me, my water broke pretty much right after I did the second breast.

I finished pumping, and I was sitting on the floor.. I reached forward to get the box for the breast pump. I couldn't quite reach, so I leaned back and did a rocking motion. When I did that, I felt a pop. When I stood up...there went a bunch of water.

You can get some Evening Primrose Oil capsuls and take that a few times a day. It will hlep your cervix to finish ripening and dialating.

You can also talk to your midwife about other herbal remedies you can take that may help.

Sex can help trigger contractions, lots of walking, and then of course there are all the food stories about foods that can cause it. One resteraunt in califorina has a "pregnancy pizza" that they swear within 24 hours of eating every pregnant woman close to her due date goes into labor.

Good luck and God bless,
Michelle

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!

Last edited by Michelle_M; 09-04-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:01 AM   #10
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had no feelings w/ DD at all. Labor snuck up on me.

But I WILL say that it only took me about two contractions to realize that this was it.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote