Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2007, 09:35 PM   #11
tazzae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you get a 1year old to eat?

You can give fish oil on a spoon, in a dropper or mix it into food. My dd loves nordic naturals brand strawberry flavor for kids (she's old enough for chewable capsules though).

Advertisement

Old 01-12-2007, 12:14 AM   #12
camdensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also vote not to worry. Seriously, it's probably nothing. My cousins doctor tried to scare her too. I always lied to my doctor and told him that she ate just fine. At that age she would only eat freeze dried apples and cheerios and we were lucky to get a couple at a time. She was a nurser too. Progressively through the months she would eat a couple more things at a time. Now, at 24 months she eats a lot! At least it is a lot for her. I am so excited that my SERIOUSLY picky child is actually eating "real" meals now and with no force from me. She even ate Chicken Tortilla Soup the other night.

The only thing I would caution to watch is for allergies. My daughter turned out to be allergic to peanuts, peas, chicpeas and eggs. (there is no allergy history in mine or dh's families).

camdensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:36 PM   #13
WinterMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

You know what, my 16 mo is 20 lbs (barely) and 30 inches and our MD has never said a word, maybe b/c she DOES eat. I wonder if they didn't know yours wasn't eating yet, would they say something?

My son didn't eat at that age either, had no interest. I would occasionally give him a cracker or veggie burger, but for the most part it was entertainment value and not nutritional-eating until arond 20 months (and BTW, mom-to-mom, watch for that as I gained 10 lbs that month without changing anything else in my life!). However, he was a huge nurser and weighed plenty. He did lose weight after the stomach flu and shortly thereafter began walking so he didn't gain it back. I remember them having us come in for an extra visit at some point but he'd gained a half pound so they left us a lone.

She's not even "off the charts" is she?
Old 01-13-2007, 01:50 PM   #14
hrtoe
Registered Users

I agree with everyone else. Don't worry. My doc didn't try to worry me, but I worried anyway because ds went from the 50th to the 25th percentile in weight at his 12 month appointment. I just looked at the breastfed growth chart and found out that is normal for breastfed kids. Makes me feel much better. He doesn't eat very well either. Now I just try to feed him a lot more often, but it doesn't really make much difference...

Momma to Kaeden (3 years) and Isaak (11 months)
hrtoe is offline   Reply With Quote