Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
3GirlyGirlz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Baby's Heart Rate

I have had contractions since week 20 and was on Procardia and Terbutaline til a little over a week ago. Since I have come off of the medicine, I have been in L&D twice with strong contractions every 3-4 mins apart, but it has not changed my cervix that much, so they let me go. But this past Thursday night when I went and was having the strong contractions, her heart rate kept going up to 190 then during the peak of a contraction, it would go down to 55-60. She kept me for a few hours to monitor it and then called the on-call doc to see what he thought of it and he told the nurse to let me go home. My contractions got stronger after we left, so we went in the morning to the doc and he was apparently mad at me for having him woke up at 3:30 AM (He said that!!) And he told me that he was aware of her heart rate doing that and I would be fine! Her heart rate was also very low at the dr office (I could tell by hearing the doppler) and he didn't care! Does anyone else know anything about this or had this experience?

Advertisement

3GirlyGirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
Bee Green Naturals
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby's Heart Rate

I'd find another OB asap mama.

No experience of it but your Dr. has no right to tell you he's mad at you for calling.. that's part of being on call and a Dr.
And IMO it's something that needs to be looked into and then explained to you. You shouldn't just be left hanging.