Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2007, 02:44 PM   #11
jrk
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is the post man suppossed to pick up First Class Packages left in a mailbox?

I live in the country too, and my mailman will take anything I put in the mailbox, and will pick up anything that won't fit in it too.

Advertisement

jrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:03 PM   #12
offlikeapromdress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is the post man suppossed to pick up First Class Packages left in a mailbox?

Ok, I know you arent gonna believe this, but the USPS doesnt have to pick up your mail. They only HAVE to deliver it...lol. My sister went thru a big ol arguement with the usps over not picking up her mail. They told her it was a courtesy. WE contacted all kinds of highups and everyone said the same thing, its a courtesy, but most usps do it anyways.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:08 PM   #13
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by offlikeapromdress View Post
Ok, I know you arent gonna believe this, but the USPS doesnt have to pick up your mail. They only HAVE to deliver it...lol. My sister went thru a big ol arguement with the usps over not picking up her mail. They told her it was a courtesy. WE contacted all kinds of highups and everyone said the same thing, its a courtesy, but most usps do it anyways.
I was just coming to say this
Old 01-10-2007, 03:11 PM   #14
Bluemoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow!! i used to deliver mail and never even knew that!!!
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:11 PM   #15
mom2kailinconnor
'Cuz inside out is wiggity wiggity wiggity whack!
seller

My Mood:

I just left a package out for the first time a few days ago. It was fc and my mail lady took it no problem. I would probably leave the note and if no response, call and complain.
mom2kailinconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:40 PM   #16
Malka
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a locked box in a bigger box that has my neighbor's boxes in it, like in an apartment building. The mailman won't take anything from there. I tried leaving some outgoing mail there when we first moved in, and he just left it. Maybe if I left it on top, but I don't want to leave it on top since I share it with neighbors, and its outside so letters would just blow away. I have to request a carrier pickup or be home and chase after him to get him to take anything, so I have to go to a blue dropbox to mail out my bills or have dh take them to work. I seriously have driven around stalking mail trucks to try to mail out packages without dragging my kids into the post office.
Malka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:44 PM   #17
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I didnt know you can put packages out there for them to take, thanks for letting me know i always go and stand in the long line at the p.o
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:27 PM   #18
katiebubbles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Last edited by katiebubbles; 03-15-2009 at 02:31 AM.
katiebubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:43 AM   #19
pingumel

yup, they don't have to pick up first class packages. i ran into this when i first started sending diapers out. my mailman did exactly the same thing. if you look up the policy on the website, it says they'll pick up priority (i guess that's part of what you pay for) but won't pick up first class. unless they're nice.