Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #11
mandikaake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Prayers for my baby Joey

Aw hugs. He might latch well with a nipple shield since he's been used to a bottle. Also, have you sought out an herbalist? My sil's daughter had that same problem and the dr. said there was no hernia. When we took her to my herbalist there was indeed a hernia and my herbalist did some light touch therapy along with herbs. From that day on, my niece did not need her reflux meds.

Advertisement

mandikaake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:50 PM   #12
blessedmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandikaake View Post
Aw hugs. He might latch well with a nipple shield since he's been used to a bottle. Also, have you sought out an herbalist? My sil's daughter had that same problem and the dr. said there was no hernia. When we took her to my herbalist there was indeed a hernia and my herbalist did some light touch therapy along with herbs. From that day on, my niece did not need her reflux meds.
The stinker refuses a shield-I tried a smaller size was and a larger one, so it would be more like a bottle-we of course still only use a slow flow nipple and I don't tilt the bottle way up so the flow isn't super fast. Now that he is older, I sit him on my lap facing me and try to get him to latch, he really tries, and he seems to know what to do, but it just doesn't happen. An herbalist, that could help, we use a lot more natural methods in generally because I just feel awful loading up a babies "virgin gut" with all sorts of chemicals, i was even hestant with the reflux meds, but nothing was helping and i was worried about permanant damage. Maybe that would help him with his sleep, too. I think he is so restless because he hurts.
blessedmama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:01 PM   #13
blessedmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well ds is content for a minute so I am going to look up a local herbist and call the chiropractor that the LC reccomends. The downside with all this is now that we got word we're moving in 6 weeks, so now I have to find stuff here and then in Texas. I think I will have dh pick up some dark beer-and hey maybe that will relax me cause these past few days I've been a nut case with all that is going on and haven't slept! Joey these past 2 nights only got up 4 times in an eight hour period and slept almost 3 hours, which is great for him, but of course I was up worring and didn't sleep! I did get to pump more! The bad thing with the natural ways, is of course no insurance coverage and it can get costll. Like our donor milk, and all the other supplements he gets (probiotics-etc) along with my pump rental funds disappear quick around here! I'm excited that things seem cheaper, like the pump rental LC visits, in TX than here so that will be nice. DH pays does go down (military pay) there since part of his pay is by where we are and the cost of living there. Well I am off to look up a bunch of things and make some calls-all while holding ds-he didn't stay happy for long!
Old 09-11-2009, 03:10 PM   #14
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

sending prayers
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:22 PM   #15
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What part of texas mama? I know a chiropractor in Austin, an herbalist in the hill country that does phone consults, and a few midwives out there that can help with nursing issues.

We just moved to Houston so I'm looking around here for all these people.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #16
blessedmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyutalktome View Post
What part of texas mama? I know a chiropractor in Austin, an herbalist in the hill country that does phone consults, and a few midwives out there that can help with nursing issues.

We just moved to Houston so I'm looking around here for all these people.
We're moving to Witchita Falls. We'll be there for a year.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:41 PM   #17
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wasn't successful in my breastfeeding relationship with DS so I'm unable to give experienced advice here It seems like the PPs have some wonderful advice and words of wisdom, so I'm just here to offer a and support.

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote