Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #21
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Grandma Baby Shower?!? Good, Bad, Crazy!

um, I think you need to keep your baby far,far away from her....

Advertisement

~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:08 PM   #22
MacMama
Registered Users
Formerly: PaisleyandLaylasmommy
seller

My Mood:

I think I would casually ask her why she thinks she needs a crib, because by the time you let DD stay the night she'll probably be in a big girl bed. Maybe that will remind her whose baby it is.
Heather; wife to my love Jacob, lucky mama of Layla (9), Paisley (7), Thatcher (almost 5) and my nursling, Koa (9/4/12). Creator of Hand-stamped jewelry, custom teething necklaces and accessories by Avery Rayne Designs
MacMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #23
Mother Lover
Registered Users
Formerly: Mirandom
seller

My Mood:

Grams is trying to snatch your lime light!
I'd tell her to come share the labor pains too. She's sounds like a nut-case.
girl. Hugs hugs hugs!
Old 09-09-2009, 06:23 PM   #24
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

CRAZY! I'd keep your distance!

We haven't been visiting the in-laws house lately b/c my MIL was creeping me out!

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:25 PM   #25
Titus2woman
Registered Users

OH (((((Mama))))), I am SO SORRY you are going through this! I would feel completely violated, and sadly 'tis true. If you don't "nip it in the bud" now it will only get worse. I never know how to walk that out~have dh say something? Just make a casual comment about not having a child to pawn her/him off on someone else, that you are really looking forward to your time with her, what MacMama said, etc.? (((((HUGS))))) sandi
Old 09-10-2009, 07:20 AM   #26
Ameya
Registered Users

I would simply tell her "The baby will not be spending any nights apart from us until she is too old for the crib or baby things." And then tell your husband he needs to talk to her!

my DH is a total mama's boy but i'm very lucky that he has always talked to his mom and reminded her of boundaries & stuff- so much so that I always rave about how wonderful & respectful she is and he's like YOU'RE WELCOME!! I HAVE TO WORK FOR THAT! hehe!
Old 09-10-2009, 08:15 AM   #27
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

I think it depends... My mothers friends in her bible study actually did that for my own mom. They all got her small gifts though like bath toys & soap (laundry and bath),etc., a few toys for around the house, and a PNP and booster seat. It actually helped me out because I didn't have to buy any of that plus I wouldn't have to travel with a PNP or high chair and toys, etc back and forth from state to state. Which when you have a tahoe you think you have all the room in the world, but with two dogs a husband and a baby the car fills up fast!

I think if she's living in the same town yes it is major creepy and I think you should say something, but like in my situation where we have to travel over 6 hours to grandma's it does help out. I understand having to buy things used too and it's a little upsetting that you can't buy new, but also I've bought practically new things off Craigslist and spent half the money and it's worth it! Buying new is fun, but can be a HUGE waste of money with kids!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #28
inquisitive
Registered Users
seller

PSYCHO! Plain and simple...not normal! EEEK!!!!
inquisitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:31 PM   #29
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueenapril View Post
Well, she started out with calling the baby hers every time she had friends over. Then she got some onesies that she originally talked about giving us and then decided to keep. then she brought out all of my husband's old baby stuff.( That's when I started joking about her making a nursery at her house). Then she got a crib and made the baby a nursery by clearing out her husband's office. Then she started walking around humming lullabies. Now the grandma baby shower!!
OMG, crazy!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Sunflower~*~ View Post
um, I think you need to keep your baby far,far away from her....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie View Post
We haven't been visiting the in-laws house lately b/c my MIL was creeping me out!
I went to CA once to visit in-laws, when i was 5months preggo with dd, who is 3.5 now..so almost 4 years ago...not planning to go back any time soon either. That one time, dh's family threw us a shower, boys invited.....yeah, everyone except me and another preggo girl got wasted..and not just on booze...it was the worst. Yeah, we got several things, mostly gn stuff b/c we didn't know the sex yet (dd was shy)...but i would have rather just bought it myself...when it came time for gifts, i had asked my MIL earlier to write down gifts so i could send thank yous, since she was the only person who knew all the attendiees....she was too drunk and i had to ask someone else...gee, thanks for the great shower..
Old 09-10-2009, 12:43 PM   #30
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Very strange.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote